FishForums.net June 2018 Tank of the Month!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
fishforums-toftm-jpg.82047
FishForums.net is proud to announce the June 2018 Tank of the Month Contest!

How do I enter?
Post one photo or video in this thread along with a nice detailed write-up of your tank. The write up should include a good description of your tank, water parameters, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.

* You must be the owner of the tank.
* Video can be uploaded to youtube, and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
* Only one photo will be allowed, so make it your best!
* A description is required!

The deadline for entries is June 29th, 2018 at 11:00 PM EST. The winner will be voted upon by FishForums.net Members.. Good luck everyone, and may the best Tank win!

What do I win?
The winner will receive a Tank of the Month badge and be featured on FishForums.net.

Everyone is welcome to participate, so jump right in and enter today!

I'm entering with a species tank!

VIDEO of the tank, with original music:

Tank Size: 10 Gallons (US)
pH ~ 7.8T
Temp: 77 (F)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: ~10ppm
Filtration: Sponge Filter
Substrate: Fine Sand from the hardware store (This is the finest, siltiest sand I've ever seen in my life)
Hardscape: Lava Rock
Shells: Escargot Shells, Hermit Crab Shells
Species: Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shellies, Shell dwellers, Multies)

This 10 gallon tank contains the smallest cichlids known to man, a shell dwelling species from Africa's Lake Tanganyika called Neolamprologus Multifasciatus. Try saying that 5x fast!

The reason there are no plants or ornaments is because, among this species many hobbies is aquascaping. Within 2 weeks of me adding these fish to the tank, they had started moving the shells and sand around. The attached photo is how the tank looked the day I added fish. This is not how the tank looks now. See the video for that. It doesn't look too different, as the fish can't move the lava rock, but they certainly have been moving the shells and sand around.

I have 2 males and 4 females in this tank, in hopes that they become a breeding colony. I haven't had the tank running long enough to see fry yet, so we will see in time. At first I was concerned about aggression between the males, and there were some battle scars to validate my concern, but things have since calmed down, and I didn't have to remove any fish like I initially feared I would have to.

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Gah,I want to enter but my 60 gallon is getting rescaped today for something I want so will sadly probably have to wait

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back