Status
Not open for further replies.

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
fishforums-toftm-jpg.82047

FishForums.net is proud to announce the January 2019 Tank of the Month Contest!

How do I enter?

Post one photo or video in this thread along with a nice detailed write-up of your tank. The write up should include a good description of your tank, water parameters, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.

* You must be the owner of the tank.
* Video can be uploaded to youtube, and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
* Only one photo will be allowed, so make it your best!
* A description is required!

The deadline for entries is January 17th, 2019 at 11:00 PM EST. The winner will be voted upon by FishForums.net Members.. Good luck everyone, and may the best Tank win!

What do I win?

The winner will receive a Tank of the Month badge and be featured on FishForums.net.

Everyone is welcome to participate, so jump right in and enter today!

Hereā€™s mine. This is my newest tank. 45 Gallons with LED lighting. Water parameters are currently 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 20 nitrates. PH is 7.6, GH is 7 and KH is 3. I have a Marineland Penguin 350 Bio-Wheel as filtration. Sadly, beacause this is a goldfish tank, only the Anubias is real. These guys eat anything else up the minute you plant it. The centerpiece tree was made by securing driftwood to granite and then tying the greenery on with fishing tackle. I wanted some type of centerpiece but as stated above, these aqua cattle graze on everything. What they donā€™t eat, they dig up! Thatā€™s when I came up with the idea for the tree. So far, they havenā€™t been able to destroy it. The goldfish are both approximately 2.5 years old and both sired beautiful fry last year. My maintenance consists of weekly 50% water changes along with vacuuming the gravel with a Python. Filters are rinsed in tank water every 2 - 3 weeks. I feed twice a day, A.M. and P.M. Diet consists of New Life Spectrum Goldfish pellets, Kenā€™s Veggie Sticks, cucumber, zucchini, peas, and freeze dried bloodworms. I alternate with these items. I started raising goldfish when I was 9 years old (just yesterday). My aunt and uncle owned a pet store so animals have always been a passion of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Are you allowed to enter if you donā€™t have 60 posts?(tried looking for it in the rules, but didnā€™t see it. Probably just missed it)

My Entry:
Youtube video is below:
click on play button and then double click to enlarge to full screen

"Fisherman's Paradise".......Japanese Zen Garden Themed 35 gallon tall hex tank

Inhabitants:

9 Serpae Tetra, 3 Black Skirt Tetra, 1 full grown Angelfish, 1 Bushynose Pleco

Equipment:
200 watt Aqueon shatterproof heater with two indicator leds ..heat on/ heat off
Aquaclear 50 filter loaded with 2 sponges, filter floss, and ceramics
Air pump operated sponge filter ... sized for 40 gallon tank
Danner two outlet air pump hooked to sponge filter and one airstone

Substrate:
two toned blue gravel, various sized rocks,

Additions:
custom made flagstone/rock platform/cave, handmade wooden Japanese bridge made from bamboo chopsticks and toothpicks, glazed clay "fisherman" ornament, manzanita driftwood to support upper level of anubias and a large malasian driftwood supporting lower level of anubias

Plantings: annubias nana, water wisteria, and watersprite (floating)

Fertilizers: Seachem Flourish complete once a week, Seachem Trace weekly, seachem root tabs

Water changes: 50% about every 7-9 days, also do moderate gravel clean using the python water changer device

Parameters:
0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 10 nitrates, hardness 175, temperature 77.3 (digital thermometer)

Filter service:
change filter floss and squeeze out sponges (in tank water) every two weeks
clean filter box and tubes monthly

Lighting:
15 watt t8 fluorescent tube and low powered led fixture...lights on 12 hours/day

Feeding:
Cobalt brand flake twice a day..freeze dried bloodworms about twice a week (presoaked), freeze dried daphnia occasionally, frozen shrimp as a treat, hikari algae wafer once or twice a week.

Last edited:
I want to post mine so bad by my stocking isn't finished yet and I still need to add more plants.

If Iā€™m allowed to enter, Iā€™ll try and post mine tomorrow. Still have a few fish to add that are currently in QT, but itā€™s pretty much finished beyond that.

My aquairum-

The ā€œDrowned Jungelā€ aquairum was set up several years ago, but the stockings have changed over the years. Itā€™s a very active and enjoyable tank. The Yamatoā€™s are always doing something, the australes are very interested and will race to you, and the celestial pearls will flare at eachother and curiously come to see you. Of course the ramshorns are just munching away on the biofilms and dead plant matter while all this activity is ensuing.

Additions-
Finnex 24/7 light, Malaysian driftwood, aqueon pro, aqueon versa top, marina s

Plants-
Anubis(although it gets some holes and such from the high lighting, it still grows quite well), sword(Amazon I believe), and jungel vals.

Stock-
Australe pair, 3 celestial pearls with 3 more in QT, yamatos, and ramshorns.

Filter care-
When necessary rinse the media in some aquairum water and once the media begins to deteriorate replace the media.

Parameters-
Nitrates: 5
Ammonia:0
Nitrites:0

Waterchanges-
Typically 25% every week, but occasionally go 2 weeks(nitrates donā€™t appear until the second week).

Feeding-
Frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimp, bug bites, and hopefully soon live brineshrimp.

Last edited:
My aquairum-

The ā€œDrowned Jungelā€ aquairum was set up several years ago, but the stockings have changed over the years. Itā€™s a very active and enjoyable tank. The Yamatoā€™s are always doing something, the australes are very interested and will race to you, and the celestial pearls will flare at eachother and curiously come to see you. Of course the ramshorns are just munching away on the biofilms and dead plant matter while all this activity is ensuing.

Additions-
Finnex 24/7 light, Malaysian driftwood, aqueon pro, aqueon versa top, marina s

Plants-
Anubis(although it gets some holes and such from the high lighting, it still grows quite well), sword(Amazon I believe), and jungel vals.

Stock-
Australe pair, 3 celestial pearls with 3 more in QT, yamatos, and ramshorns.

Filter care-
When necessary rinse the media in some aquairum water and once the media begins to deteriorate replace the media.

Parameters-
Nitrates: 5
Ammonia:0
Nitrites:0

Waterchanges-
Typically 25% every week, but occasionally go 2 weeks(nitrates donā€™t appear until the second week).

Feeding-
Frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimp, bug bites, and hopefully soon live brineshrimp.
Love your presentation!

ONLY 1 DAY LEFT TO ENTER TOTM CONTEST

:fish: :fish: :fish: We only have 3 entrants so far. Last chance to show off your tank and possibly win the title of Tank of the Month. To enter just take one picture of your tank and post it here or make a youtube video and then post the link here.

Let's get a few more people to enter this contest.

Full rules are in first post on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back