Fishforums.net - Betta Section

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ReMz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
EDIT: More pics further down on page 1 :)

Ayayaya.....

Stopped back in here after being gone for a while...... got the bettaholic ideology in the back of my mind.... drove by a fish store........ stopped in for fun...... Sound familiar? :p

So I have a new guy :p. There were actually 5 that I had a really hard time deciding between (I might need to go back and get another one as well). All of the higher-end bettas appear to be "breeder rejects", but all too stunning for a Petco :drool:.

This guy was not the best actually... but he was the smallest and just too pitiful to pass up. There was a greenish/gold with some dragon gene and a pretty distinct mask that I almost got instead......... but he didn't look like he needed as much TLC.

So.... First picture ever taken of Cheebah! Not the best picture. I had to terrorize him with a camera within the first hour of being in his new tank :lol:. Just touched it up with a border.

He's pretty faded and shy right now. I'll update in a couple days when he is more comfortable.

cheebah.jpg

and for the lack of pictures i'll update with a picture of my 'big betta'. he's come quite a long way from the 2" near death oscar that i nursed back to health :D

pumbagrowth.jpg

hey those breeder rejects from petco can turn into really nice fish once they are healthy.

He's got some flaws.... but all his little quirks make him a better 'pet' imo. Beats a $40 Aquabid purchase - and it makes it even better to help out a poor betta that would certainly see death within a week or two (or purchased by someone not able to care for a betta properly).

I've steered clear from bettas for a while.... didn't know that Petco was selling any bettas of this quality actually.

He's TINY right now. His 5gal tank looks like a mansion. Will certainly be interesting to see how his fins progress. Now to work on him so he is not so hand shy :p

I was just throwing out the "breeder reject" idea. Does anyone know if Petco is now starting to mass purchase these types of bettas from foreign suppliers?

oh, i LOVE HIM!!! LOVE the clear at the end of his fins!!!!!!!

he looks like a sweet little baby boy!
thx. it's hard to keep his light off atm...... still can't stop looking at him/ bugging the hell outta him. :lol:

What a gorgeous boy..........it'll be great fun watching him develop :good: Need to see lots and lots of pics of him.

yup petco is branching in all the tail types. you can find ct hm delta and giants (called king betta) at the petco near me. they do not have female hm delta or giants in store though they do have some online- but you cant even pick what hm they would give you.

I cant wait till they carry some female hm in store. I would like to diversify my breeding pool and bettas off aquabid are a special occasion only deal. my breeding goal is to produce hms that are as tough and as hardy as your average vt, while still pretty. I have wondered if the inbreeding done so often is what weakens so many fish.

That's really great. Especially for people that want to do some small time breeding, but don't have a lot of money to import expensive bettas.
We don't have a Petco here, but when I venture out of town I'll have to take a look.

He is lovely ReMz! Welcome back btw :p
Thx. :fun:

More pics as promised (I never make picture heavey topics :p):

Hi...... what are you?
dsc00968s.jpg

Caught a good angel of the shimmer
dsc00970v.jpg

dsc00973i.jpg

mad at the (non-existant) mirror that has been gone for over 5 minutes :p ..... he's a firecracker
dsc00977kpy.jpg

dsc00978t.jpg

dsc00980t.jpg

dsc00985g.jpg

actually being provoked this time :p
dsc00986u.jpg

hiding --- perhaps from a dying plant :lol:
dsc00989d.jpg

You big Tease.....if you lived here I'd snatch him off you :hey: He's such a yummy colour :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back