Fish With Personality

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am setting up my new aquarium this week end and transfering every thing in my 29 gallon over filter and all. At the end of the month though I am going to set the 29 back up with new occupants. I am not sure with what yet however. My lobsters have shown me such a vast array of personality. They taunt one another climb everything in site challenge people looking in the tank. The female will probably take food directly from my hand soon as it is if I set somthing on the ground within reach of her claws she just watches it and grabs it when I take my hand away.

I am trying to decide what to put in the 29 gallon that will give me similar joy. I just have not seen the kind of... for lack of a better word "Intelligence" in any fish that I do in my lobsters and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on some i should check out more closely.

As a generalisation, the bigger the fish, the bigger the brain, the more personality that fish has.
Saying that however, my flame red betta is the most personable fish I've ever owned.

for a 29 gallon I would suggest you look at dwarf cichlids. I've found the ones that I have kept are alwasy inquisitive and have interesting social interaction with others of their species or other cichlids in the same tank.

Some people WILL disagree with me. But if you plan to upgrade in the future I'd see no problem with getting an Oscar. I had one for 5 years, I got him around 12" and he grew to 16". I use to throw a ping pong ball in the tank and he'd hit it out of the water if the lid was off, if not he'd just bob it around the tank and try to take it under the water... To eat maybe lol, he never did manage to get it all in ahahha

I have always wanted Oscars but it is gonna be about a year before I can afford a big enough tank so I am gonna wait on those :)

My dojo loach is awesome and eats from my hand! Also +1 to VaegaVic, bettas are full of personality.

I have a lone Angel, and it is so interactive, I also agree the bigger the fish the bigger the brain and personality

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back