Fish with curve spine

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Freddykruger

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 1 fish with a curved spine what should I do?

Attachments

• 16194688320264568431267092377157.jpg
    16194688320264568431267092377157.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 62
how often do you do a water change and how much water do you change out?

It looks like an internal parasite in livebearer, do a 50%-90% water changes daily and add some deworming med such as Metronidazole (7mg/litre)

Add some new blood every once in a while - it will help prevent any health issues associated with inbreeding (including skeletal deformities). If you got all your platies from the same place, there's a chance they've been inbreeding for a long time and the effects are now showing up in your tank.

I'm good on fish for the moment I still got to figure out if I'm going to keep all the baby fish I have or try to get rid of em. Plus I'm trying to separate the males and females so they won't breed unless I want them 2

I'm good on fish for the moment I still got to figure out if I'm going to keep all the baby fish I have or try to get rid of em. Plus I'm trying to separate the males and females so they won't breed unless I want them 2
I would have to agree with Colin on this one. Looks like a genetic deformity considering livebearers tend to have bent spines quite often. I would just separate her from the main group so she doesn't breed with any of the males and pass on the deformity.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back