Fish To Join My Big Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mezrie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am currently wanting to put a shoal of tetras in my big tank and am looking to do this at the weekend. My question is do any of you have killifish that are in the same tank as some tetras. I've read there is a risk of the killifish eating small fish and would not want this to happen. I've put my killi's in a small tank with some tetras once when moving and that was ok but long term would this be a big risk?

Many Thanks

Mez x

Depends on the type of killi's you have, I wouldn't trust small tetras with golden wonders for example.

Depends on the type of killi's you have, I wouldn't trust small tetras with golden wonders for example.

I have exactly this setup and no problems so far... Tetras stay at the middle/bottom and GW spend 99% of their time at the surface. I would say like with a lot of these things (including my Crays) it's risky but so ready for problems and dont be suprised if you lose a few fish.

What a lovely photo. Do you have female GW's as well as the male? Do you find he stresses the females out at all?

I have temporarily housed my GW's with my tetras and no fatalities, i may give it a go or look for slightly larger mid tank fish to join them x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back