Fish tank Background Ideas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

A mirror on the back would add visual depth but have not tried it yet

A mirror is not usually a good idea, which is why many replies have recommended matt black backgrounds as shiny backgrounds act like mirrors. Territorial fish particularly will regard their reflection as an invader into their space. I had one male betta who could see his refection in the glass even with matt black card on the other side of the tank wall and I had to remove it as he wouldn't stop trying to scare that other betta away.

A mirror is not usually a good idea, which is why many replies have recommended matt black backgrounds as shiny backgrounds act like mirrors. Territorial fish particularly will regard their reflection as an invader into their space.
Do those glass panels where one side is a mirror and the other side you can see straight through (forget what you call them). Do it on all sides and put 2 bettas in... Then just watch as they try to find the actual betta in there 😂
(All this is a joke, don't really do that. This is really bad lol)

I made a 3D for my 75 gallon years ago ( it's been taken down almost a decade ago, I don't have the photos or it anymore) and I made a 3D for my 125 a few years ago, but took it down recently. These are so much fun to design and build. I wish I had more time to do them. Now my tanks have either painted backs in black or blue, or corrugated plastic board in a blue.
IMG_20190902_093236128.jpg

IMG_20190904_055418763.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190904_055246327.jpg
    IMG_20190904_055246327.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 13
I made a 3D for my 75 gallon years ago ( it's been taken down almost a decade ago, I don't have the photos or it anymore) and I made a 3D for my 125 a few years ago, but took it down recently. These are so much fun to design and build. I wish I had more time to do them. Now my tanks have either painted backs in black or blue, or corrugated plastic board in a blue.
View attachment 309411

View attachment 309410
I remember that one! Should I try to dig up a picture of my Angkor Temple? :lol:

View attachment 309411

View attachment 309410
that is really pretty! what did you make it out of?

Most reactions

trending

Back