Fish tail got nipped

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Renzoray

Reaction score
I have 2 wild bettas in my 10 gallon fish tank, usually they get along quite well, but then recently I noticed some tear and rip on my female betta, she hasn't shown any kind of symptoms or weakness yet, should I be worried?

Attachments

• 20200622_221438.jpg
    20200622_221438.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • 20200622_221542.jpg
    20200622_221542.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
What species of Betta?
How long has the tank been set up for?

It could be damage from the male biting the tail.

-----------------
Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH.

-----------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

If the tank has been running for more than 2 months, clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

----------------
If it gets worse, add 1 heaped tablespoon of salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 1 week.

What species of Betta?
How long has the tank been set up for?

It could be damage from the male biting the tail.

-----------------
Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH.

-----------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

If the tank has been running for more than 2 months, clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

----------------
If it gets worse, add 1 heaped tablespoon of salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 1 week.
thanks man, I'll try that tomorrow, also theres another thing, theres always a clump of bubbles forming in my aquarium not sure if it's from the filter but I'm not sure if it's bad or good..

What do the bubbles look like? Do they look like this picture?
20200120_233408.jpg

Seangee covered it. Your fish are happy and the male is building a bubblenest to use for breeding purposes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back