Fish supplier prices

Breh.... Why cant we order from suppliers/wholesalers 😭
Maybe you can't... but I can... Got a key account at one of the wholesalers. But that's because I'm of use to them.
On order

in order to get that list I had to sign up as a store
I guess that means I can order from them now 😏
That easy, huh...? That's totally funny... :rofl: But don't you need to fill out a registration number of the Chamber of Commerce as well?
You should try to put an order out and see what happens...

Maybe you can't... but I can... Got a key account at one of the wholesalers. But that's because I'm of use to them.

That easy, huh...? That's totally funny... :rofl: But don't you need to fill out a registration number of the Chamber of Commerce as well?
You should try to put an order out and see what happens...
I should try. It was just an online form that I had to but in my website and company name. I sell plants on Etsy so I just put that on there.

For the reseller number I put 000 or something like that.
Took me 5 minutes.
Today I got an email saying I'm all set 😅

Seems theres a 200$ minimum for each order. Wont be ordering any time soon 😂
That's a lot... I guess it's a good place if your setting up a large tank with lots of fish.(?)

Having worked at a wholesaler, nothing is more annoying than a hobbyist doing an end run. Dozens try it every day, sometimes. if they sell to you, and a store finds out, they have lost a regular customer. And a reputation.

It's why they have minimum orders, minimum orders per number, etc.

Usually the pet shops won't let you see their list because fickle customers will order a certain fish and then not come back for it and the pet shop is stuck or they take it home and kill it and cause the shop owner a bunch of grief. They order what sells . Sometimes an oddball comes in with an order and if you haunt the shop you could be the lucky guy that sees it first. I love when that happens. Except the one and only time I saw Festivums at my pet shop. I hemmed and hawed and when I went back to get them they were gone. Festivum for the rest of 'em but none for me.

Fantasy shopping. When I sell fish, about one in three customers vanishes after ordering. It's like they want to say they found a rarity and can get it, but they don't really want it. Some come back on a regular basis and get mad when I won't answer them. Humans are weird.

A friend tripled his prices on killies, and they sold. Real buyers. I wonder there.

Fantasy shopping. When I sell fish, about one in three customers vanishes after ordering. It's like they want to say they found a rarity and can get it, but they don't really want it. Some come back on a regular basis and get mad when I won't answer them. Humans are weird.

A friend tripled his prices on killies, and they sold. Real buyers. I wonder there.
Do you make them pay 1/3rd of the payment so it makes them WANT to come back?
I don't own a shop but if your having those issues I know shops require a "before payment" in a lot of cases

Do you make them pay 1/3rd of the payment so it makes them WANT to come back?
I don't own a shop but if your having those issues I know shops require a "before payment" in a lot of cases
I'd never send without money up front. But a lot of these characters take you right up to the money point. You do the legwork, they vanish. And then they return. It is a little strange.

People in the business are used to it - it's why so many wholesale only. We're our own worst enemies in this hobby. A lot of stores won't special order unless they trust you because of this behaviour.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back