Fish stores

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Why don't they sell more varietys of fish somtimes it's same types all the time :grumpy:

The answers simple really ............................. you need to find a better local fish shop m8 ;) .

My lfs stocks everything from Tetra's and Goldfish to 4 foot long Catfish and Oddballs :D :D .

My advice is to go on a fish shop crawl one saturday and see what shop best suits your needs...............thats what i did and still do on occasion 8) you'll be surprised what you find hidden away behind filter outlets and rocks in some lfs tanks but you gotta look hard lol ;) :laugh:

Also i forgot to add this bit in the last post :what:

Some smaller lfs cant afford to carry unusual fish as they have a limited amount of tanks/space and must stock whatever is selling well as this will earn them the most money :) , however if you know what fish you want and can give them the name (and ask them very nicely) most lfs will order a particular fish in for you although you may have to leave a small deposit and be willing to take your chances with the fish :what: 8)

:) Pete's right m8, I'm privileged to get a look at my lfs' trade list and he'll get me anything on it. :thumbs: Mac.

Some more rural LFS which might give great advice but dont have the scope to stock the same range of Fish. Ask your Lfs if they can get you what you want and if you can get peeps in your area to ask for the same fish, your sorted. But do ask them as i'm sure its in thier intrests to supply what there customers want. This is not easy to type in when on second bottle of very nmice wine.

So now were up to bears, nun & coke and some mice wine. What's next...Rose

I'll give you a sencible answer.
Your fish shop buy there fish for somewhere else first and will call them what ever that place called them. Then the wholesaler will by them from all over the place and each of those compaines seem to have a diffrent man for eash of the fish. In other words wholesalers a lasy. They can't be bothered changing the name, and can sell them to dopy lfs who thing there getting something diffrent ;)

TFF,
Have you tried looking on-line? If your looking for something special, like cichlids, bettas, catfish or the like there are many reputable breeders/wholesalers who go out of their way to either stock or get these fish in...like me :D :D :D

Alright, so ya did'nt think I would let an opportunity go by did ya??

What are you interested in? I may be able to direct you in the right direction.

No I'm not buying fish right know i just bought fish 2 weeks ago. When I went there they do have som pretty nice fish there alot of times. The only fish they seem to have less of or none of are Corys, Most tetras, and Charicins they have danios but only 3 varietys

Thanks Anways I Guess i should look at more fish places not to far of course don't want fish to die

There are 4 fish shops within about 10miles of my house and between them, they sell almost all fish types that I could want. Plus the fella we get our fish from gets new species in all the time. If we particularly wanted something, he said he would order a load and they would be easily sold, most likely. Every time we go back, there are loads of new fish I have'nt seen before. Its great!

If you look back in time in the forum you will notice articles on transporting fish over longer distances, however most fish will survive in a bag for at least 3-4 hrs with no ill effects :D

So get out there and get looking lol :p :laugh: 8)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back