Fish safe underwater glue

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Is there such a thing?
I have an idea for my community tank that will require me to glue something to the base of the tank without removing the fish. Is this possible or do I need to find another way?

Not possible. Super glue is safe as long as it dries for at least 10 minutes. You will have to drain your tank, in order to glue something to the bottom.

Not possible. Super glue is safe as long as it dries for at least 10 minutes. You will have to drain your tank, in order to glue something to the bottom.
I agree. I know if nothing that will adhere in the water. Super Glue is great out the water and then added.

what do you want to glue to the bottom of the tank?

can you glue it to a rock and then put the rock in the tank after the glue has dried?

I agree. I know if nothing that will adhere in the water. Super Glue is great out the water and then added.
Superglue gel does actually stick under water. You just have to be quick and get your positioning right first time. Several epoxies do as well, but I assume those will be toxic.

what do you want to glue to the bottom of the tank?

can you glue it to a rock and then put the rock in the tank after the glue has dried?
Perspex. Am thinking of creating some mini terraces and possibly plant containment - e.g. raised terrace full of pygmy chain sword, so I can let it go mad in one area and not worry about keeping it out of the rest. If I get around to it I'll probably just cut 1 mm oversize and jam it in - but I can do nicer shapes if I glue it :)

Get some Perspex or glass and make rectangular planters for the chain sword. Basically make small glass or Perspex aquariums about 6-12 inches long x 3-4 inches wide x 3-4 inches high and fill them with gravel and put the plants in that. Spread a thin layer of silicon on one side and sprinkle gravel or sand on it or stick thin rocks or driftwood to it so it conceals the glass/ perspex.

You can also use small plastic icecream or any sort of food safe plastic containers for the plants. Spread a thin layer of silicon on the outside of the container and put sand, gravel, rocks or wood on it to camouflage it.

Get a square or rectangular piece of Perspex about 6-10mm thick and glue the rocks/ terraces to that and put the entire piece into the tank. Then you can move it out afterwards.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back