Video Fish Room Update

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
A very nice set up you have there.

What was the bottle with the white bits in all about, sorry for asking. :unsure:

@Josh

Those are moving bed filters, the eleminate ALL Ammonia and Nitrite from the water, they are the newest 'cool' thing to have in your tank, lol.

You cant buy them as internals yet, as it what is used in sewage works and has been altered and manifactured for use in KOI ponds. If you look at my other videos there is a DIY video on how to make yourself one.

they are very good, at least as far as I have found out, been running mine for a few weeks.

They actually look quite good :lol:

I'll have a watch of the video now. :D

Cool, you will have to excuse the vopice, I sound like an idiot when recorded, Im not sure why, but my voice doesnt sound anything like that lol

Looks fantastic, every tank is nicely scaped and accordingly :good: Do you have a video of your new Datnioides? :hyper:

not yet, as I only got him in the tank about 3hrs ago (at 9pm GMT) and the lights are off out there now. I will get some more videos of each tank tomorrow maybe, and will include the Nanochromis transvestitus and the empty nano planted tank.

and JFYI I havent got any CO2 pumps in any of the planted tanks and they are all doing great.

Great video about making moving bed filters!

I'm not too sure if I'm going to try make one though as at the moment I only have my 125L planted community tank set up which I'm going to be trying to finish to a high standard. Although the filter looks great to me, little white bits of K1 media flying about looks rather messy to others. :unsure:

and JFYI I havent got any CO2 pumps in any of the planted tanks and they are all doing great.

Yep I can see, I'm rather surprised they look so healthy. So you just rely on high watt lights or ferts or...?

@Carovel1 - Tetra Complete substrate and just a normal tube for plants, nothing fancy.

@Josh - you could always use a solid colour tub, but I think seeing it is part of the fun.

Unfortunately it would take up too much room in my 125L...

I need a bigger tank already! :blink:

not too bad tbh, as I have a very good oil heater heating the rooms, most tanks are on sponge and air filters.

I pay about Ā£110 a month, thats including the house (3 bedroom detatched)

Blimey!
For 17 tanks I would have expected it to be a lot higher. Maybe I should invest in some air filters :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back