Fish regret

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Is there a fish/es that you have had in your time in the hobby what you regret having/had.

Maybe it terrorised your other fish or made a mess of your tank, hid away all the time etc.

My BN pleco pushes my buttons sometimes how he goes round the tank like a bull in a china shop and cultivates my substrate for me but hes my sons favourite fish and hes pretty cool to look at tbf so i cant say i regret him :)

Only regret i can say i have had since i took up the hobby is with my Dwarf Neon Rainbows. Had problems from the start with them. Beautiful fish but i just had a bad batch :(

It was usually cichlids. I was young and didn't know any better. Jack Dempseys that dug up everything and ate their tankmates. Convicts that bred like mice. You can't even give them away. Severums that got too big although I loved them and if I ever get a really big tank someday I will have them again. For behavior and personality no fish comes close to big cichlids. And then there was Tiger Barbs. I hated them. I hate Kissing Gouramis too. It's unrequited love with the cichlids but genuine hatred of Tiger Barbs and Kissing Gouramis .

EBJD and serpae tetras. Terrorists all of them.

It was usually cichlids. I was young and didn't know any better. Jack Dempseys that dug up everything and ate their tankmates. Convicts that bred like mice. You can't even give them away. Severums that got too big although I loved them and if I ever get a really big tank someday I will have them again. For behavior and personality no fish comes close to big cichlids. And then there was Tiger Barbs. I hated them. I hate Kissing Gouramis too. It's unrequited love with the cichlids but genuine hatred of Tiger Barbs and Kissing Gouramis .
I was thinking how long it would take for someone to mention Tigers! My brother had a kissing Gourami years ago and he was a bit of a bully if i can remember rightly.

Jack Dempseys i have certainly heard about and by the Sounds of it i should give them a miss in the future lol

EBJD and serpae tetras. Terrorists all of them.
Jack Dempseys strike again lol

I remember when i was first setting up my big tank months ago i was seriously thinking about getting serpae tetras. Then the alarm bells started going off after every bit of info or youtube video i watched or read. Beautiful fish tho

I’ve never regretted any of my purchases. I did worry about my comets when I learned how big they got but happy now that they have a pond. I wish my pleco’s came out in the day. Don’t get to enjoy them much.

I got some khuli loaches to put in my tank with a betta, some guppies and a few cories a few years back and they attacked betta and killed him even though I was told they were peaceful :/

I regretted very much when I was much younger, I got 4 White Cloud Mountain minnows, and out them in a 1.5g cube tank, with no filter. They died in a week. I greatly regret that..:(

When I was just starting out, I put 2 tri-colored sharks and 2 clown loaches along with other fish in a 35 gallon tall hex tank. They grew very large. One day I came home and found the 2 tr-colored sharks on the floor...dead! Evidently they thought there was more room on the other side of the glass and knocked off the lid and jumped out. Well...they won't do that again!

I have a randy little sod of a swordtail who harasses the girls. All the girls are knocked up not sure if all are from him but he likes to think all the girls want him the way he shacks his little tail feather at them! If only he really knew they can’t stand having him around them!

I regretted very much when I was much younger, I got 4 White Cloud Mountain minnows, and out them in a 1.5g cube tank, with no filter. They died in a week. I greatly regret that..:(
:( We all have regret at some point in our lifes. We all live and learn ;)

I have a randy little sod of a swordtail who harasses the girls. All the girls are knocked up not sure if all are from him but he likes to think all the girls want him the way he shacks his little tail feather at them! If only he really knew they can’t stand having him around them!
All the girls are knocked up lol I bet he thinks his birthdays and christmas have all come in one in your tank then:)

All the girls are knocked up lol I bet he thinks his birthdays and christmas have all come in one in your tank then:)

He thinks he is the pimp daddy of the tank! My big guy who is like the senior citizen of the swords just sits in the corner and looks the other way cause he knows how much of a fool he’s making of himself ahaha these young boys just won’t learn

Is there a fish/es that you have had in your time in the hobby what you regret having/had.

Maybe it terrorised your other fish or made a mess of your tank, hid away all the time etc.

My BN pleco pushes my buttons sometimes how he goes round the tank like a bull in a china shop and cultivates my substrate for me but hes my sons favourite fish and hes pretty cool to look at tbf so i cant say i regret him :)

Only regret i can say i have had since i took up the hobby is with my Dwarf Neon Rainbows. Had problems from the start with them. Beautiful fish but i just had a bad batch :(
Tiger barbs.Such a beautiful fish but just too mean. A long time ago I purchased 6 of them and one day one of them killed the other five. A few years later I decided to try again and purchased 6 and raised them. separated 2 pairs for 2 weeks and put them together in the evening to spawn. The next morning the males had killed the females. Still determined to breed them a few years later i purchased six more and raised them .Separated 2 pairs and put a divider in a tank and put one male and one female together on each side. The next morning both pairs spawned. I raised the fry till they were half grown and sold them all to the LFS. Havent kept them since then.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back