🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

as an information note, the amperage flow from an eel is very low

LILmollyBri said:
it is found in the throat  i think
Got it in one!

Back to you
Fishmanic said:
as an information note, the amperage flow from an eel is very low
Apparently the current is enough to stun a horse and kill a human...I wonder how they manage to avoid electrocuting themselves though.

Any livebearers.
sleep.png

DreamertK said:

Spade Catfish Pseudohemiodon laticeps?

Don't get Dreamer's reference though.
For the Banjo (catfish) reference, I was referring to the movie The Deliverance.

Fair doo's :good:
LILmollyBri said:
what fish is the esiest to breed

How do you quantify "easy" ?

There are quite a few species that are just "male+female+water=fry", pretty much any poecilid livebearer, the goodeid livebearers are pretty much the same, kribensis likewise, and convicts aren't exactly difficult either.

I'd be worried about other fish eating any egg-laying species though. Loaches are sneaky little guys who also live in caves...

They are all new world cichlids.

Ok lock_man, give us your most difficult question with an objective answer you've got!!

male or female which is it.jpg

What gender is this fish, and how can you tell? Click on the image to enlarge it a bit.

Looks to be a pregnant platy obviously making it female. I believe I see a gravid spot at the back of the belly. Also, males usually aren't that fat unless they are terribly over fed.

Female platy because of the shape of the anal fin. Blunt not elongated and modified like it would be on a male.

Except that you can't clearly see the anal fin in this picture. It's a blur.

Most reactions

Back