Fish photography

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'll post another photo
IMG_0096.JPG

Who's got tips on getting decent photos by the casual ham handed photographers among us ? I never get good pictures. Glare on the glass , fish moving too fast are either blurry or gone too quick. Do you need a real camera ?

Who's got tips on getting decent photos by the casual ham handed photographers among us ? I never get good pictures. Glare on the glass , fish moving too fast are either blurry or gone too quick. Do you need a real camera ?
Hold camera on an angle to the tank to prevent the camera flash showing up as a white blur on the picture.

Set shutter speed to 1/100 or faster (1/250) so fish aren't blury
Have lots of light on the tank, in the room and use camera flash to help prevent blur.

A digital SLR camera can help because you can set the camera to shutter priority and set the shutter speed to 1/250. The camera then automatically sets the aperture. Some point and shoot cameras (not SLR's) also have that feature. However, you can get good results with a cheap point n shoot digital camera.

Hold camera on an angle to the tank to prevent the camera flash showing up as a white blur on the picture.

Set shutter speed to 1/100 or faster (1/250) so fish aren't blury
Have lots of light on the tank, in the room and use camera flash to help prevent blur.

A digital SLR camera can help because you can set the camera to shutter priority and set the shutter speed to 1/250. The camera then automatically sets the aperture. Some point and shoot cameras (not SLR's) also have that feature. However, you can get good results with a cheap point n shoot digital camera.
Thanks @Colin_T

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back