Fish Pal For African Dwarf Frogs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eduller

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm in the process of moving my fish from a 5.5 gallon to a 54 gallon. It will probably be a couple/few weeks still - big tank isn't cycled yet but I'll be doing a planted cycle so we'll see. I was originally just going to shut down the 5 gallon when I moved the fish over, but now I've got the aquarium bug and want to keep them both going.

My daughter is asking for frogs. I think 2-3 african dwarf fogs are suitable for a 5.5 gallon tank, yes? If so, can anyone suggest a fishy pal for the frogs? I've been reading that a betta is fine in a small tank but they may be too aggressive for the frogs. I would love one colorful and playful fish in this tank but I'm not sure what to get. I'm completely open to a small school of nano-appropriate fish, but I haven't fallen in love with any that I've read about. This is basically going to be my daughter's fun tank. I have rainbow gravel, bright plastic plants mixed in with the real plants, spongebob decor, etc. for a 3 year old's tastes. She is also totally in love with our 2 current golden snails, who are both actually very active and fun to watch. The one (Turbo) has a habit of crawling on the bubble tube and getting bubbles caught up in his shell and then it's flying snail! I would leave the snails, but I think she would be disappointed if there wasn't at least one fish in "her" tank and I don't want to overload the tank with creatures.

It's not generally recommended to keep any fish with ADF. The frogs have very poor eyesight and are easily outcompeted for food by the fish; they can often starve to death :(

Boo. Are they okay with snails?

Maybe I'll have to get a third tank for just frogs...this is getting out of hand...
yay.gif

They'll be fine with snails :)

Sounds great and all but... we all ask for this... where them pics at? lol! Pls put some pics up!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back