Fish Of The Week - Clown Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

My female clown now hosts in pulsing xenia, however the male isn't allowed I don't think. Also my female has become more aggressive towards the male it was harming it a bit but not anymore. Basically it doesn't want the male in its territory much I don't think, or maybe it's just controlling and allows it in sometimes (like when its lights out they sleep near each other.)

A wonderful read: Raising Fry

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/307299-little-nemo-diary/

Seffie x

Just a few more pictures of my clowns, since adding the 70w metal halide.

P1121495.jpg

P1121509.jpg

P1121514.jpg

P1121515.jpg

P1121516-1.jpg

P1121517.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

I have had a number of anemone's with them, hence why there's a different one in lke each picture haha

They look really cute in those anenomes! I can just imagine them wriggling about in there.

They look very happy Connor - love the look of your female clown, she is a stunner

Seffie x

This is an older thread, but here are our additions to the tank. 2 oscellaris clowns....lovingly name Marlin and Nemo by my 3 year old. Today she said "My fish friends ROCK!"

Sorry for the flash...was the best I could do.

IMG_8103.jpg

They are a lovely pair of clowns :good: you will have fun watching one of them become the female :good:

Seffie x

As soon as I have a stable pair I want to post them. Currently waiting on either a snowflake ocellaris or another black ocellaris. Does anyone have any experience with snowflake ocellaris clowns?

Snowflakes are just another color variety, they are still ocellaris clowns as said. Require the same care. My friend has a couple he breeds, beautiful fish.

Youngfisher - I really like your yellow striped maroon clownfish. I used to have a beautiful maroon clownfish that looked exactly like yours but without the yellow striped.
I loved him, he had a wonderful personality, and used to eat from my fingers. :sad:

Trod - I really like your yellow assessor, they are gorgeous fish.

It seems that Ocellaris and Percula clownfish are by FAR the most popular of the clownfish species.
I find it very interesting that almost all reefers have a least one species of clownfish in their tank.

Nick

may i ask how you people get more or less great pics of your clowns?

everytime i take a pic it ends up as a big orange smear, i can only get pics of them after i turn the lights back on and they act like they are drunk

Its all about light, more light = faster shutter speed, meaning less chance of blur, when you use a flash when its dark then you can have a faster shutter speed than in the dark without one.

I have personnaly found that normal cameras (compact cameras) get a massive reflection in the glass when using a flash, every SLR type camera I have used seems to be much better at not creating a reflection when using a flash.

I use an slr and find it easier to manuall focus as fish move so much causing the camera to focus on the wrong thing.

To take photos with faster shutter speeds without using a flash, look at setting a higher ISO setting on your camera, but be warned the higher you go the more grainy the picture will be.

Well I am going to try that flash trick see if I can get some great pictures of my semi snowflake ocellaris and black ocellaris!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back