The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ch4rlie

Moderate Moderating Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I thought I would re-introduce this thread for any banter about Fish of The Month  :)

So all comments or questions about fish of the month can be entered here. 

Have fun :)

September's FoTM has just been announced, beautiful DG :)

Have you guys entered your fish for October's FoTM?

Go on ;)

Thats October's voting poll up and running for Fish of the Month, great entries I have to say.....

A critique of March entries:

#1 Nice fish but doesn't do well in photo and fins are a bit ragged. Not sure if that is typical of that type of angel but it was another strike against.

#2 The fish has some potential but being a juvenile it's gonna find it tough to win a competition. Also, the belly is sunken.

#3 Dorsal and anal fins are a bit raggy.

#4 Beautiful fish. Kind of common in my book. That was the deciding factor for not getting my vote.

#5 Good looking shot but would like to see rest of fish. Got my vote over gourami by the slimmest of margins.

That's a pretty definative way of looking at how to vote.

Everyone has their own way of deciding who has their vote for whichever of the month comps, I have no particular method, I just go for the picture I like the most irrespective of what specie is being shown.

Reckon some folks just go eeny, miny, moe....
laugh.png

Interesting, I'd agree with most of your points, but I'm not sure about ragged fins on pic 1, unless there is a small nick in the dorsal. Its quite hard to say with that feathery plant behind it. I'm never sure whether to judge by fish quality or picture quality. It's tricky judging the fish as its hard to tell what size they are

I think you are right about the plant behind the dorsal fin. I didn't notice that before. I thought it was the fin. Like I tried to say, that photo probably doesn't do that fish justice. But, I think the anal fin should pretty much come to a point.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back