fish mysteriously dying with no visible symptoms? help would be appreciated.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I concur with post #13, but I would consider metronidazole in the food before I would start dumping "medications" in the tank. Twice I had mysterious die-offs (after adding new fish, lesson learned about a quarantine!) and following the advice of a marine biologist I knew on another forum used metronidazole. She said it is much more effective if taken with food, so I prepared flake and pellet food and fed it exclusively for ten days. Both times the fish deaths did stop. She suspected some sort of internal protozoan which would only be identified with a necropsy, by which I mean no external sympstoms other than a fish suddenly having trouble swimming and dying quickly.
Is there a specific medication that has it like kanaplex or somethjng. Or should I buy straight metronidazole?

Is there a specific medication that has it like kanaplex or somethjng. Or should I buy straight metronidazole?

Metronidazole and Kanamycin (the Kanaplex) are two different antibiotics. Metro is much stronger and more effective according to my advice, depending obviously on the issue. I have used both, for different problems. Seachem produce Metroplex which is what I last used, added to the food. I don't know if metronidazole is available without a prescription, some antibiotics are now at least in some countries.

Metronidazole and Kanamycin (the Kanaplex) are two different antibiotics. Metro is much stronger and more effective according to my advice, depending obviously on the issue. I have used both, for different problems. Seachem produce Metroplex which is what I last used, added to the food. I don't know if metronidazole is available without a prescription, some antibiotics are now at least in some countries.
Then i will order some metroplex!

Here’s what another fish whos about to die looks like.

I think it is columnaris

Attachments

• 881F9372-142C-4A48-8673-B913F7F14AEB.jpeg
    881F9372-142C-4A48-8673-B913F7F14AEB.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 6CD7BF42-B32C-4987-B855-8A72920C791B.jpeg
    6CD7BF42-B32C-4987-B855-8A72920C791B.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 22

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back