fish keeps getting worse

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

helptoall

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, ive resced this 2 fish a few weeks ago from a neglected tank.before ive rescued them, they were colorful and looked healthy. a few days after , they started to lose color and weight. They eat and acive but keep losing weight. Im keeping the water very clean . parameters are 0,0,5 . thers filteration and the volume of the tank is 120L, they are seperated to 2 diffrent tanks. im also supplemnting them with vitamins and already treated with levamisole , prazi and epsom salt, with no improvment. its slowly getting worse..
ive open a thred afew weeks ago about this.. now they look much much worse and bot of them had a blackish spot appeared on their face, the first one is biggger and more obvius
Please help.. thank you
View attachment 740750

View attachment 740751

The poor guys where miss treated before you rescued them and that is probably why their immune system is weak. We can't see the pictures you attached as to weather it is a parasite or a disease, so try and re-upload the pictures.

715448-efa6960620fae8b9b00d68bf98993901.jpg

nc_ohc-o3lccysxsmcax-r8dwn-_nc_ht-scontent-ftlv1-1-jpg.740751

I still can't see what is wrong with your fish, so I did some research on black spots on fish and came up with only this website and while it is talking about goldfish it still can happen to any fish that has been mistreated. It could be a parasite, have you added anything new to the aquarium (s) like new inhabitants without quarantining first. This can be a source of a disease or parasite and how it entered your tank.

Black Smudge (or black spots) On Goldfish

Also here is a website that teaches how to spot and possibly identify different diseases and parasites in fish.

Chart on Fish Diseases, Symptoms and their Treatments

I know that blood parrots can develop black spots due to stress, it looks like these are a different type of cichlid but wanted to offer up that bit of info in case it helped. Wikipedia has a very short page on what this could be as well (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_spot_disease_(fish) ), and other google searches seemed to imply that this is relatively harmless for the fish. I am no expert, but I suppose if it were me I would make sure I would eliminate stressors from the fish's environment (dim the lights, reduce noises and vibrations, provide hiding places and shelter, provide species-specific water and flow parameters) and do water changes as indicated (if your replacement water differs in pH or hardness from what is already in the tank, that can itself be a stressor as well, so you may need to precondition your water if the parameters are very off).

good luck, hopefully the spots will improve over the next few weeks. it is hopefully a good sign that they are still eating and behaving normally

1604082024841.png

this is how these fish supposed to look.his like this for over a mounth. the black spot my only cocern but the fact that they are skinny and totally out of colors, theres something wrong with them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back