Fish Keep Dying, Ph Level Good

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

motogirl

Reaction score
I have had my tropical fiash tank for a few months. Everything was fine and in the last week or so I lost over 10 fish. Tested the water ourselves and had it checked at 2 different pet stores and everythig checked out ok. Fish dont look sick but all of the sudden they are dead. We have done several water changes and have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help me?

I have had my tropical fiash tank for a few motnhs. Everything was fine and in the last week or so I lost over 10 fish. Tested the water ourselves and had it checked at 2 different pet stores and everythig checked out ok. Fish dont look sick but all of the sudden they are dead. We have done several water changes and have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help me?

I forgot to mention, I have a 35 gallon tank and had 15 small fish, down to 5. guppies, frogs,loach, ghost cat, and pleco..Lost pleco, both frogs, a loach and lots of guppies..

I have a filter and filter seems to be working good and heater is at 78

How long has the tank been running?

Whats your ammonia/nitrite/nitrate stats?

I am not sure what the stats were, my husband did the test and employees at 2 pet stores, one of the stores even used 3 different tets to check it and they were all perfect. The tank has been running for maybe 9 months or so. We used to have cichlids and they were great and a couple months ago switched to the other fish. They were doing great at first but now losing 1-2 everyday..

Did you do anything out of the ordinary? Like the clean filter in water or add anything which may have caused an imbalance?

No,I wonder if it is from getting too many new fish at once? Even the our pleco we had for a long time died too. Just seems wierd how the fish seem fine at night and the next morning they are dead. We have tanks for years and years and have never had a problem like this and we are not doing anything different.

How do you know if your tank has a pathogen, virus, bacteria, parasite etc ?

maybe about 5 one day and 4 or so a week later and couple the same week.. I know now that was too many at once. Iguess the est we didnt didn't test for ammonia and I thought they did. I think I better check that out.. Just looked up syptoms for ammonia poisoning and they dont have any of the syptoms or any syptoms at all..

Personally wouldn't go with anything a fish store told me about my water, always rather test myself. Been lied to to many times by places like Petco or Petsmart. Best thing is to own your own LIQUID test kit so you can test at a moments notice to see if anything is wrong. Paper strips just aren't accurate enough. But likes asked earlier have you changed your filter media or washed it under basic tap water?

Thanks, The one my husband used was a liquid testing kit we have..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back