Fish is going home

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tanked

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Today I am not in my office but about 30 miles away at our warehouse fixing some issues. my boss just called me and said the the UPS (Uninterupted Power Supply) that feeds the tech room is running at 115% capacity. he has already unplugged all of my goodies like speakers, scanner, printer (I can use the common laser printers for now). he left my tank plugged in as he understands the importance of filtration but asked that I take it home tomorrow :-( it is only temporary until they get the power issue straightened out, but I will miss having my little guy (named terabyte) at work. Temporary with the electrician around here mean 6 to 8 weeks. I already have plenty of fish at home to occupy myself with too. sorry to have rambled on, I just hate bad news and needed to rant.

Hi Tanked.

You rant away.

Bit of a bummer about the tank. Do the other people in your place still have there tanks.

yes they still have theirs, but they are not on a UPS backup or are executives and are immune to rules set by my supervisor. because of the nature of my job (IT) we can not afford for our systems to go down ever so I will comply. and it is temporary, I can bring him back when they put new power jacks in the tech room that will have a diesel generator back up,there is a down time on those of about 60 seconds. I just have to wait on the electrician.

Sorry to hear that Tanked

thankfully it's a temp deal but still a royal pain in the... glad to hear the boss did leave it plugged in though.

Good Lucks

That sucks tanked. :( I have my puffers here at work, and I know how nice it is to have some "friends" in the office... Right now in fact, they are "stalking" a snail I threw in there this morning as a treat. :D

Hope to read that you brought them back to work soon! :thumbs: Hey, it could be worse, your boss could have unplugged the tank! -_-

i,m sure your fish will think of it as a little holiday,can'teven imagine any english bosses allowing personal fish tanks in the office here!anyone tell me does it happen? hope all goes well. pebbles

Sorry you can't keep the little guy at work for a while :( ...you could always set up a photo parade of your fish on your screen saver in the meantime.

ive got a fish tank screen saver i could try and e-mail you if you get bored. its only marine fish unfortuantely :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back