Fish In Cycle of a New Tank 55 gallon Aqueon bundle kit

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

So today my tank is up and running 6 weeks. Iā€™m doing a weekly 25% water change while adding prime and stability each time. Feeding the fish every other day and still am yet to see any nitrates. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have live plants in the tank? I only ask this because if you have enough plants they will absorb the ammonia and you will not have any nitrates or nitrites. It is called a planted or silent cycle. If I use chemicals I stay away from prime and stability and only use Tetra safe start plus to jump start a tank. I prefer the planted/silent cycle method instead and only use that now for my tanks. Sorry about all the fish you lost. Fish like neon tetra are not good fish to start a fish in cycle with. I know it was not your fault, you had to deal with what you were given.

Nope not planted. Would just like to get more fish safely and figured by 6 weeks I would have seen something.

Today itā€™s very cloudy. But I havenā€™t changed or added anything I havenā€™t been adding for weeks. Is this normal and a good sign or bad?

Today itā€™s very cloudy. But I havenā€™t changed or added anything I havenā€™t been adding for weeks. Is this normal and a good sign or bad?
Suggest that you put in some plants in it. That will be a good start for the tank and yes the cloudy water is normal sign .. mind sharing what type of water are you using to fill up the tank ?

Hiya!
Much respect for your dedication to this tank!!! It will pay off so keep hanging in there ā™”
Welcome!
Cheap plants like Hornwort and Anacharis will help, I know we sound like nags about it but it's true.
Live plants were a game changer for me.

In the meantime , welcome ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†ā˜† !

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back