Fish identification

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lopez79

Reaction score
Hi , fairly new to keeping tropical fish, had a tank now for a year or so. The other half came home with some endlers the other day for our tank. But I think a neighbour may have jumped across and we have a different fish. It gets harassed by the endlers and I want to get some more of the same variety. Does anyone know what sex it is and what variety. In the pictures it’s the white and blue looking fish. Thanks.

Attachments

• F3876253-171D-4494-9492-6DF356BAB8A0.jpeg
    F3876253-171D-4494-9492-6DF356BAB8A0.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 67
  • 9D1F3B12-D0EC-447F-8E25-2A49B3D12C63.jpeg
    9D1F3B12-D0EC-447F-8E25-2A49B3D12C63.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 66
  • C502BFC4-5524-477A-A70F-DF746109EC68.jpeg
    C502BFC4-5524-477A-A70F-DF746109EC68.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 63
Not sure, but I like your photos. Were they taken with a cell phone? I use this iPad & can‘t get decent pics.

Yep, emeraldking is the Guppy King! Love those guys he has with the bright orange heads & tails. ❤️❤️❤️

The white bodied blue tail looks like a female fancy guppy to me. I have a few in my tank & will take some photos later when I get home for comparison. If you want to keep her may I suggest getting two more females and one male.

The white bodied blue tail looks like a female fancy guppy to me. I have a few in my tank & will take some photos later when I get home for comparison. If you want to keep her may I suggest getting two more females and one male.
Thanks pictures would be appreciated. 👍

It's a Japan blue guppy male.
The commercial trade labeled all Japan blues as being endlers while they're actually guppies. But I do have to admit that there are also japan blue hybrids these days. First Japan blue hybrids (endler x guppy) were made by Adrian Hernandez. But most Japan blues that you're able to get are guppies. But they're mostly sold as being endlers while they're guppies.
Japan blues come in different tail shapes these days...

The commercial trade labeled all Japan blues as being endlers while they're actually guppies. But I do have to admit that there are also japan blue hybrids these days. First Japan blue hybrids (endler x guppy) were made by Adrian Hernandez. But most Japan blues that you're able to get are guppies. But they're mostly sold as being endlers while they're guppies.
Hi emerald king. Thank you so much for the information . Your very knowledgeable, I’d like to have a total of 4 of these fish, what ratio male to female do you suggest? Thanks.

Looks like an endler to me
yeah it is either a hybrid endler guppy or a guppy since it is bigger the other male endlers are harrasing it. If it is new they will try and set a pecking order and they will fight for a bit and once it is over it is fine
Hi emerald king. Thank you so much for the information . Your very knowledgeable, I’d like to have a total of 4 of these fish, what ratio male to female do you suggest? Thanks.
1-3 for a perfect 4 guppies!
or you could get just 4 males.
the other smaller endler males will also harras and breed with the guppy females so make sure each one of the males gets at least 2 females

Sgooosh already answered your question.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back