Fish Identification

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cityfish36

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got this pleco online but not sure what kind of pleco it is. I want to breed it but need to know the type first, and gender if you can.

Thank you.

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 42
It just looks like a stressed out common pleco to me. What did the seller tell you it was?

Tongue_Flicker said:
It just looks like a stressed out common pleco to me. What did the seller tell you it was?
he said it was just a pleco and had to get rid of it. why do you say its stressed ?

That is the common stressed color pattern. Usually seen when a pleco has been swimming a lot during a capture or when fresh out of a fish store.

Tongue_Flicker said:
That is the common stressed color pattern. Usually seen when a pleco has been swimming a lot during a capture or when fresh out of a fish store.
how would i tell the sex. im planning to breed plecos.

It's a bristlenose pleco. They get about 5", females don't get bristles (yours is probably female though it looks pretty small still), get a another female and a male (every lfs should have HEAPS of bristlenose), soft slightly acidic water, plenty of wood in the tank, and lots of caves, they eat algae discs and blanched cucumber, pumpkin.

TooManyChoices said:
It's a bristlenose pleco. They get about 5", females don't get bristles (yours is probably female though it looks pretty small still), get a another female and a male (every lfs should have HEAPS of bristlenose), soft slightly acidic water, plenty of wood in the tank, and lots of caves, they eat algae discs and blanched cucumber, pumpkin.
hwo can you tell its a bristlenose ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back