Fish ID. Tetra

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

despreauxb

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the fish tank at my work and I think these little black ones are cute but I can't find them on Google. I'm assuming they're some kind of tetra

Attachments

• 20220122_111104.jpg
    20220122_111104.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 55
What were they sold as ? I’d guess they were a variety of a black phantom tetra but Definitely unusual

I have no idea. My manager can't remember. I thought they look similar to a black phantom but I couldn't find them online

Yes, they are cyprinids, not characins, so that lets out all tetras. And barbs is the family. I'm not up on all the artificial colour forms, but I would suspect like others that this is a variety of Tiger Barb.

In case you may consider getting some...be warned that this species is a fin nipper. It needs a largish group (12+) in a minimum 30 gallon tank, if kept on their own. A larger tank if other fish are included. Tankmates must be similarly active species.

green tiger barbs, a colour form of the tiger barb. tiger barbs are fin nippers and a pain in the butt

there also appears to be a rainbowfish in the tank. need a better picture to id it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back