Fish ID please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They're like... $20 here? That price tag is absolutely insane.

They're like... $20 here? That price tag is absolutely insane.

Are you sure we're talking about the same fish? Or maybe the guy is trying to rip me off because I have spent $200 on a huge tiger prawn at that store about 2 years ago. Then later I found out those are a delicacy over at Thailand.

Are you sure we're talking about the same fish? Or maybe the guy is trying to rip me off because I have spent $200 on a huge tiger prawn at that store about 2 years ago. Then later I found out those are a delicacy over at Thailand.
Paratilipia Polleni is what I'm referring to. We bring in a batch of 50 every couple of months to wholesale out for approximately $8 to stores, who then sell from $20-40 depending.

That must be nice, where are you located? And I thought these were endangered

I wouldn't spend $200 on a tiger prawn.

tiger prawns go for about $20 a kilo here and are yummy

That must be nice, where are you located? And I thought these were endangered
Canada.

They're endangered in the wild, but are bred in captivity.

Couldn't you just kiss him?
Such a lovely looking fish.
In the intersts of conservation it may well be that some breeder would pay to get it. Possibly be a good idea to Google for fish breeders or suchlike. You could make a deal to sort of let them have it with a promise to take one of the offspring from them in return

Canada.

They're endangered in the wild, but are bred in captivity.
That's good to hear they're still readily available. I'll just keep mine and in the meantime if I want another one or two I'll probably try to get them from you. I'd rather pay you plus shipping rather than getting it from some guy who tries to rip me off all the time.
Couldn't you just kiss him?
Such a lovely looking fish.
In the intersts of conservation it may well be that some breeder would pay to get it. Possibly be a good idea to Google for fish breeders or suchlike. You could make a deal to sort of let them have it with a promise to take one of the offspring from them in return
I'll just stick with what I have, I like the one I have minus the diseases he has. I'm curing him and he is eating and everything seems to be okay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back