Fish ID please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lnsaneM

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got this fish at my local pet store the other day (about 6 to 8 inches long) and I could not tell what kind of fish this is. I think it is a cichlid of some sort but just not sure and did a reverse google image search and found nothing. Please tell me what this fish is.

PS. it appears to have the hole in the head disease which is unfortunate, I did not notice it at the time of purchase due to the fact I was too excited with this fish not seen it anywhere and the price was a steal. I already treated him in a separate container for about a week with the Waterlife medicine. He is doing really well right now and will even eat out of my hand at times

Attachments

• IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 2,070
  • IMG_3817.JPG
    IMG_3817.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 75
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I was thinking Tilapia Mozambique but I have never seen one with the blue and white spotting. Can you post some more pictures of it?

Earth calling @Wills, come in Wills. . .
Need your cichlid mind for this one

Thanks, I think you nailed it, I really like this fish and hope his holes in the head goes away soon

I got this fish at my local pet store the other day (about 6 to 8 inches long) and I could not tell what kind of fish this is. I think it is a cichlid of some sort but just not sure and did a reverse google image search and found nothing. Please tell me what this fish is.

PS. it appears to have the hole in the head disease which is unfortunate, I did not notice it at the time of purchase due to the fact I was too excited with this fish not seen it anywhere and the price was a steal. I already treated him in a separate container for about a week with the Waterlife medicine. He is doing really well right now and will even eat out of my hand at times
That is like a perfect fish mugshot.

Time to find another one and breed them.
I did, at a fish store that sells lots of Mbunas and Malawi Cichlids, but couldn't justify the $1300 price tag for another Black Diamond Cichlid. I got this at a pet store whereas the owner told me some guy didn't want this anymore and put it there for them to sell it (I paid $50 for it). I'm guessing it's probably due to the disease this fish had, but when I took him home he didn't have any problems. And I properly treated him.

Maybe if I do spend that money and somehow they do end up breeding then having babies, I will somehow make my money back. But just still couldn't pull the trigger on such a pricy fish.

Yeah $1300 for 1 fish is a bit more than I would pay. I mean if they get along and breed, you could make your money back pretty quick, but if they don't like each other, that's a lot of money down the gurgler.

Can you look around and try to find one that is in a more reasonable price range?

Yeah $1300 for 1 fish is a bit more than I would pay. I mean if they get along and breed, you could make your money back pretty quick, but if they don't like each other, that's a lot of money down the gurgler.

Can you look around and try to find one that is in a more reasonable price range?

I'm looking and out of all the places I'm accessible to, I've only seen this fish twice. Once at the place I got it, and another one which sells for that ridiculous amount. And they only have 1 of them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back