Fish Ick Inquiry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Hamsnacks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am now dealing with Fish Ick again after everything was going good for so long, didn't quarantine fish from a seller who I've never had issues with in the past.

Now in the past I've always done the heating method, 2 Weeks at 88F, vacuuming substrate every 2-3 days, and water changes. Have always been successful. Only ever lost 3-4 fish in total.
I must have caught this Ick late because it looks pretty bad on some of the fish, but my biggest concern right now, I have lost about 50 Fish, every few hours I check and there are more fish dead, mostly Cardinals and RummyNose, is this normal? Lost a YoYo Loach, and German Ram as well, very disappointing.

Water Perimeters are all good as well, everything 0 and Nitrate at 20ppm.

I guess I'm asking, is this just a severe case of Ick or is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

Sounds like a tough case. I've had luck treating ich in the past, but the last time heat alone did nothing and things were looking worse.

I had to medicate with rid ich and things got better immidiately. Only one fish developed the ich and he's still in the tank today.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I agree. I use the heat method but if fish are dying that fast I’d get Rid Ich too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back