Fish have a friend

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My Kelpie X used to catch jellyfish in the river and would hunt for fish, crabs, octopus and other things at the beach. She would walk around in the shallows and feel for things with her front feet. Then stick her head underwater and grab whatever she felt. She used to get all the brown jellyfish out of the river and put them on the bank.

At home when I was catching fish to sell to pet shops, she would sometimes steal them out of the buckets and eat them. I found this out when I took some fish to a shop and they said "What gives, we wanted 10 and you only gave us 9?" I apologised and said "I'm sure there was 10, but I will bring you a couple more tomorrow".

The following day I caught a couple more fish out and put them in a bucket. I turned back to the tank and in the corner of my eye I saw my dog come into the room. I watched her walk over to the bucket, stick her head in and pull a fish out. She then wandered off and ate it.
Wont caught fish make them stress?

Yes catching fish does stress the fish out. However, if you practice and are careful, you can catch a fish in a few seconds and get it out of the tank and into a bucket without stressing it too much. I also had an airstone bubbling away in each bucket and this helps reduce stress by creating currents and keeping the oxygen levels high.

Yes catching fish does stress the fish out. However, if you practice and are careful, you can catch a fish in a few seconds and get it out of the tank and into a bucket without stressing it too much. I also had an airstone bubbling away in each bucket and this helps reduce stress by creating currents and keeping the oxygen levels high.
I can’t catch my ZD in my heavily planted 29g tank. Any suggestions?

I can’t catch my ZD in my heavily planted 29g tank. Any suggestions?
2 nets.
Use a 5-6 inch net and a 10-12 inch net.
Set the big net up against the front glass and use the smaller net to guide the danio into the big net.

I had a calico kitten names skippy Jane jones and she loved watching the fish. All day. All night. She was one of my favorite cats... until the coyotes/owls/bobcats/cougars got her.... sad day
About 2 years ago when my dog was just a little puppy a bald eagle swooped down and almost got him, I scared the eagle off. We believe a wolf killed his father up at the farm. Our cats stay inside and are house cats. Sorry about your cat.

2 nets.
Use a 5-6 inch net and a 10-12 inch net.
Set the big net up against the front glass and use the smaller net to guide the danio into the big net.
What about catching kuhli? its so hard.

What about catching kuhli? its so hard.
Put the big net on the substrate and push it down a tiny bit so the frame of the net is just under the gravel. Then use the small net to guide the Khulis into the big net and lift the big net up when they go in it.

Alternatively have pvc pipe with an end cap on one end. Leave the pipe on the bottom of the tank and let the loaches go into the pvc pipe, then stick a net over the open end and lift the pipe out of the tank and pour the contents into a container.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back