Fish For 30Gallon Nano Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ChaseO

Reaction score
I am setting up a 30gallon nuvo aquarium and would like to hear som good ideas to what fish, anemone,and corals would be good. The tank is made by innovative marine with a led light.
THANKS!
fish.gif

fish.gif

fish.gif

I don't think a 30gallon is a nano? I thought the cut off number was 20gallon?

What wattage is the led light?

Have a look through the journals section for ideas. There are a lot of people who have set up tanks in this size range.

I don't think a 30gallon is a nano? I thought the cut off number was 20gallon?

Nano size range is a fuzzy thing. 20gal is the most commonly quoted size, but some people still consider 30gal nano. The 30gal figure is more common when it's in US gallons, since they're smaller than UK gallons, although I've heard the occasional 30galUK tank described as a nano. 

WHAT FISH WOULD BE GOOD FOR A 30 GALLON AQUARIUM?

20watt led light strip by innovative marine

Just looked up the tank, beautiful little tanks they are!! Their lighting seems pretty good for softies and maybe some of the LPS corals. Size wise, I wouldnt be too over eager for an anemone, they get so big and are very needy though later down the line, maybe you could introduce a Mini Maxi Anemone.

As for fish... well what fish do you like!?

There are several species of clowns... orange or black perculas that come in numerous colour variations, black and orange ocellaris that come in a few colour variations, pink skunks, orange skunks, clarkii and allards clowns.

Wetmorella sp (Possum Wrasses)
Blennies (tail spot, bicolour, sailfin etc)
Gobies (yellow watchman, rainfords, hectors, trimma sp, blue and gold neon... and many more im sure)
Royal Gramma
Dottybacks (though bear in mind they can be very aggressive)
Dwarf Angel (though be wary as most will pick at corals... but Coral Beauties are lovely).
Flasher Wrasse (numberous species are availeable)
Damsels (again, loads of varieties though bare in mind they are narky... Alleni *Blue Star* Damsels are gorgeous!)

So many different species are availeable!

Then you have a myriad of shrimps and snails and crabs and corals!

But before you even get that far... how are you getting on with cycling the tank? :)

I'm hoping to start a 24 gallon 'nano' with some orange ocellaris clowns, would love to hear how yours goes ChaseO!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back