Fish eggs or algae?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

M!NK

Reaction score
Could these be fish or snail eggs? I have Rummynoses and DG in this tank, but I don't recall their eggs coming in such a form... could they be mystery snail eggs (I have one in the tank) that are just unfertilized?

If the pic is too blurry it appears to be a clearish game with white dots on the inside. Could this be a fungus or algae?

Attachments

• D1C11703-90F8-469A-9929-E91BE2E9FDDC.jpeg
    D1C11703-90F8-469A-9929-E91BE2E9FDDC.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 66277CF2-7AA6-4B6D-B29D-9F703DF30ACB.jpeg
    66277CF2-7AA6-4B6D-B29D-9F703DF30ACB.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 109
I can barely see them but look like snail eggs.

... i suddenly have so many questions for my snail and the first one is how the hell. Like girl. Unless there's some inter species mojo goin on ya got some 'xplanin to do.

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Mystery snail eggs are usually laid above the waterline and resemble a bunch of grapes. If your eggs are laid on a surface, they shouldn't be mystery snail eggs. Did you know that female mystery snails can store sperm?

Are the eggs in a clear jelly like substance? Ramshorns and pond snails lay their eggs in jelly attached to surfaces under water.

They're in a clear, jelly-like substance, yes.

Now that you mention it, I did get a free Malaysian Trumpet Snail along with the Rummynose I released in this tank. I completely forgot about it. Do they release eggs like this as well?

Malaysian Trumpet Snails are live bearing snails....I know, who knew?! (You start with a few and before you know it, there are hundreds!) I have gone down at night and seen them cover the glass on my 37g grow out tank.

Most reactions

Back