Fish Eating Artificial Plants!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

STANNY

Reaction score
I've noticed that a couple of my artificial plants have been nibbled, is this a problem? Wil it make my fish sick? I only have black and neon tetras in there at the minute.

Could they be nibbling algae growing on the plants? Which is harmless.

Could they be nibbling algae growing on the plants? Which is harmless.
Thanks for the reply, but no, there are actual bits of the plant missing. Like little bite marks around the edges. The plants have only been in there a couple of days.

Try feeding the fish.
yes.gif

Are the plants silk or plastic?

I am quite sure they are plastic.
These ones,
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/biorb-easy-plants-green-medium-p-593.html

those are plastic, silk plants are made of fabric. my crayfish eat the plants sometimes and they are fine. if your fish arent dying i personally wouldnt worry about it. i dont see how they would be taking chunks out of the plants, those fish dont have teeth... so you have any other animals with them? pictures?

just feed your babies!!!

but don't get them fat.. that is a nono xD 

comocrayfish, they don't need teeth, similar to how they can get a piece of a flake without teeth.

However, your plants would be very easy to tear then, maybe you should try and get harder to tear plants so they can not tear it.

My Mollie is taking chunks out of my plastic plants. There's small clumps of plastic plants floating round the tanmk. I just scoop them out.
I'm planning on real plants now.

I've never had this problem... interesting.. 

They might be eating it with ciriosity. after few days they may get used to it and will not  be eating it any more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back