Fish dying one by one - Cycled tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Although maybe its my eyes that are off! Any thoughts on the missing otto belly?
Ive been away with work so it didnt get a water change for nearly two weeks, its normally 25% a week, with some optimum added t the water and prime dechlorinator

You seem to have lost your acid loving fish. Neons and ottos. That will because you have an Alkaline tank

That is a bit unusual.

The plants don't look great, could be water issue?
But before we go any further, a couple of questions.

How long has this tank been running and what is your usual routine for weekly water changes etc and do you normally gravel vac etc?

Yes of course, I’ve had happy fish tanks for 20 or 30 years, just checked again and there are no nitrates in the tank, this is strange

So this tank has been running for 20 - 30 years?

No nitrate, do you normally get a nitrate reading?
If so, then could be down to the changing of filter media and a mini cycle is happening but that is not conclusive at the moment.

What about your usual weekly water changes and routine?
Do you normally gravel vac the substrate at all?

Totally appreciate the help here👍
gravel vac once a week, 24% water a week, tank had been fine for 6 months, then I added a couple of new fish…and boom, the grim reaper now lives in the tank

Totally appreciate the help here👍
gravel vac once a week, 24% water a week, tank had been fine for 6 months, then I added a couple of new fish…and boom, the grim reaper now lives in the tank
The gavel is quiet deep at the back and I did give it a good turn over cleaning it one time recently

you need a small tank set up as a 2 week quarantine tank to put new fish in and observe them before adding to the main tank

this will and is the only way stop disease spreading to your main tank

just a future note for you

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back