Fish drawings!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
what...
ok
i have no further comments for this thread because i don't want to ruin it for @Aspen35 or myself.
(if you get what i'm assuming, don't say anything)
Now you got my curiosity as I have no idea what you are assuming

Last edited:
can you do a Vaquita (even if they're not fish)?
download (12).jpg

what...
ok
i have no further comments for this thread because i don't want to ruin it for @Aspen35 or myself.
(if you get what i'm assuming, don't say anything)
ā€¦ Iā€™ll be completely honest and say Iā€™m not sure exactly what youā€™re implyingšŸ˜…but Iā€™m trying to figure out what prompted you to say it. ā€œHereā€™s a thought that might have a negative connotation, but if anyone agrees then donā€™t say anything because I donā€™t want it to reflect back on me.ā€ Thatā€™s sort of what I got from thatā€¦ hmm. Okay then šŸ˜‚sorry to have upset you with my wholesome art thread šŸ¤·šŸ˜‰

(sorry if that came off as too passive agressive. It probably was not the best way I could have responded.)

Last edited:
can you do a Vaquita (even if they're not fish)?
View attachment 140377
54E8EC26-BF33-4183-9865-D597FEE903CC.jpeg

I hope this is alright :) Iā€™ve been struggling with digital art recentlyā€¦ sometimes I make them too detailed, and they loose their ā€œpainterly effect.ā€ Still makes for a nice piece of art, but maybe isnā€™t exactly what I was going for.

View attachment 140390
I hope this is alright :) Iā€™ve been struggling with digital art recentlyā€¦ sometimes I make them too detailed, and they loose their ā€œpainterly effect.ā€ Still makes for a nice piece of art, but maybe isnā€™t exactly what I was going for.
i-its so pretty and detailed, Thank You!!

I'd love to see the steps in the process

@Fishmanic Hmm.. well this lion fish had way more steps than the others, so I probably should have spilt it into multiple grids. šŸ˜…Hereā€™s the reference again:
9233DF0D-D119-4B78-8F54-84D2A14585F7.jpeg

here is the start:
8FE1B49C-9C80-46D4-AAB8-9C6A7ADC4303.jpeg

Hereā€™s about halfway through:
D307830F-FA26-4E47-81C8-E269C577707B.jpeg

the grid with all of the steps:
CB188744-98A6-469F-9C13-869C967EB663.jpeg

and the final product:
6F856AD2-B061-4288-AECE-4D0820B89923.jpeg

Last edited:
These two show the difference in steps- the looser, more painterly ones start out like the algae eater and lionfish, while the more detailed once start controlled, as in the axolotl. Thereā€™s more blending in the second option, whereas the first one is left with visible brushstrokes
3B409BE8-84EF-4D66-BE89-B3C290789751.jpeg
7BEEFFBD-99E7-42E9-A09C-87743BEB7C30.jpeg

These two show the difference in steps- the looser, more painterly ones start out like the algae eater and lionfish, while the more detailed once start controlled, as in the axolotl. Thereā€™s more blending in the second option, whereas the first one is left with visible brushstrokes
View attachment 140396View attachment 140397
The steps are very helpful ! I will hvae to get used to doing the first strokes

The steps are very helpful ! I will hvae to get used to doing the first strokes
Remember, do it how it feels best for you!! If you like doing outlines, stick with that. I use outlines for all my traditional commissions :) I only started the first strokes thing with the digital ones a few months ago

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back