Fish drawings!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Amazing rendition. You are very talented.

Could you draw Chinese algae eater?
4247B114-88C5-484C-9225-5B3145F12DC0.jpeg

DE77564F-F024-40B8-B8CD-9E588DD08716.jpeg

Last edited:
The butterfly fish took a max of 19 minutes..
According to the forum message time..
I usually take 30 mins to 60

Woahhhhhhhh those are all awesome!!!! Stunning! How long do they take!?

The butterfly fish took a max of 19 minutes..
According to the forum message time..
I usually take 30 mins to 60
Oh yeah, Iā€™ve been working on my times haha. They used to take hours, and Iā€™m used to spending 60+ hours on traditional pieces. But Iā€™ve drawn so many digital ones that at this point Iā€™m able to complete them very quickly. My goal was to develop a technique that would produce a good result, but also not take many hours.

Oh yeah, Iā€™ve been working on my times haha. They used to take hours, and Iā€™m used to spending 60+ hours on traditional pieces. But Iā€™ve drawn so many digital ones that at this point Iā€™m able to complete them very quickly. My goal was to develop a technique that would produce a good result, but also not take many hours.
Could you explain the technique?
Staring too long at my iPad mini makes my head hurt lol

Could you explain the technique?
Staring too long at my iPad mini makes my head hurt lol
I work general to specific. I think thatā€™s generally recommended in the art world, but I didnā€™t have an art teacher until about 2 years ago, so everything Iā€™m saying Iā€™ve more or less learned myself. So with digital, I start with a ā€œblock in.ā€ I donā€™t do outlines anymore, but I used to. I find it easier to just block in basic colors. I squint at my reference, and just try and place down the first colors I can identify. Normally with a rectangular brush to keep it loose. Then, I continue building on that base. Just zooming in and out, adding details in the most important areas. Depending on the style, Iā€™ll build up more with little brushstrokes vs starting off with a really blurry base. (Like the algae eater work in progress vs the gourami). Hope that is of some help! Iā€™ll answer questions best I can :)

I work general to specific. I think thatā€™s generally recommended in the art world, but I didnā€™t have an art teacher until about 2 years ago, so everything Iā€™m saying Iā€™ve more or less learned myself. So with digital, I start with a ā€œblock in.ā€ I donā€™t do outlines anymore, but I used to. I find it easier to just block in basic colors. I squint at my reference, and just try and place down the first colors I can identify. Normally with a rectangular brush to keep it loose. Then, I continue building on that base. Just zooming in and out, adding details in the most important areas. Depending on the style, Iā€™ll build up more with little brushstrokes vs starting off with a really blurry base. (Like the algae eater work in progress vs the gourami). Hope that is of some help! Iā€™ll answer questions best I can :)
Wow!!! Thatā€™s so cool!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back