Fish dieing every other day

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
In the last week I have been loosing a fish every other day. My pH is 6.8 to 7 the ammonium is 0 nitrite and nitrate 0. Its 145 litre tank and its, sitting at 27 degrees. Any ideas?

We need lots more information.

What fish do you have in the tank? What fish have died? What were the signs of illness before death? How long has this tank been set up?

Are you certain that your test results are right? How was it tested? In a cycled tank, you should have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and some nitrate (under 20) as it is the end result of the cycle.

Can you post a picture of your tank?

In the last week I have been loosing a fish every other day. My pH is 6.8 to 7 the ammonium is 0 nitrite and nitrate 0. Its 145 litre tank and its, sitting at 27 degrees. Any ideas?
Your ph is low, if it’s 6.8-7. It is recommended that the ph of a tropical tank be at 7.6-7.8. Your nitrate is also incorrect. It should be below 10ppm, not at 0ppm. (Unless you are breeding fish, then it should be at 20ppm+)

Are you sure you tested your water parameters correctly? What test kit do you use?

We need lots more information.

What fish do you have in the tank? What fish have died? What were the signs of illness before death? How long has this tank been set up?

Are you certain that your test results are right? How was it tested? In a cycled tank, you should have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and some nitrate (under 20) as it is the end result of the cycle.

Can you post a picture of your tank?
Posted at the same time, not trying to copy you. ;)

Your ph is low, if it’s 6.8-7. It is recommended that the ph of a tropical tank be at 7.6-7.8
The pH of a tank can be anything from 6.0 upwards and pH below 7 is perfect for soft water fish - as long as the water is also soft :)

Which type of fish are you keeping? Which ones are you losing? Are they new additions?

We need you to answer our questions so we will be able to help you with your problem. Please answer the other members questions.

Your ph is low, if it’s 6.8-7. It is recommended that the ph of a tropical tank be at 7.6-7.8. Your nitrate is also incorrect. It should be below 10ppm, not at 0ppm. (Unless you are breeding fish, then it should be at 20ppm+)

I am not fathoming this at all. The pH depends uppon the fish species, and can be as low as 4-5 or as high as 8-9. But without knowing the fish in this tank, and the water parameters in full (GH, KH and pH) nothing else can be said on pH here.

Nitrate should be as low as possible, and if it is zero, that is excellent. All fish are harmed by nitrate, and the extent depends upon the level, the exposure period, and the species. And where did you get that nitrate should be at 20ppm or higher to breed fish? This is more likely to kill them.

You want ammonia and nitrite to be 0ppm at all times.

You want nitrates to be as low as possible and as close to 0ppm as possible.
Nitrates should be kept below 20ppm at all times.
I said your nitrite should be 0ppm. I said your Nitrate should be below 20ppm. I keep mine at 6ppm all the time. I have done research online and in the book of my API master test kit. I always get the same answer.

Can we have the answer? We need to know what fish you kept to answer your questions.

You must have been tired when you wrote this in post #4.

Are you sure you tested your water parameters correctly? What test kit do you use?
I was just clarifying it. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back