Fish deaths - TW photo of dead fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Elena82x

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I donā€™t understand what is happening to my fish :( just as everything seemed very stable and they were all doing well, Iā€™ve had unexplained deaths and a persistently flashing molly.
Tank set up in early September, went through mini cycle as used filter from old tank which Iā€™d had a few months. Used Prime to detoxify during mini cycle.
Moderate to hard water apparently.
I change 40-60% twice a week
Typically ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrate 5-10 (last read this morning) I clean the substrate lightly every other day.
I bought fish without knowing to quarantine them in the last few months
Not overstocked
Temp 26.5C
PH 7.6
4 guppies died over a few weeks after 24-48hrs lethargy
One molly almost constantly flashing on sand, no other symptom other than what looks like a small lesion that isnā€™t getting bigger or spreading
Iā€™ve treated the flashing with salt, anti fluke and worm, and currently treating for ich as I thought thatā€™s what the lesion may be at first (still unsure)
Completely out the blue after appearing totally healthy this morning, Iā€™ve just come across a dead yoyo loach upside down on top of the filter (under water) looking pretty colourless other than what seems to be internal bleeding and a red poo. Does anyone know what was wrong with him? Heā€™s only about 6 months old, I bought him very small in September one of six all always seeming very healthy. It seems something has taken over him suddenly.
I wanted/ want to avoid keep trying meds when unsure what it is (maybe multiple issues) but good water maintenance didnā€™t seem to help stop the problems at all.
Thank you for any suggestionsā€¦.
(Pic of the dead yoyo and the flashing molly)

Attachments

• 4562B4B5-D5D7-4701-87EF-DE76CECF6628.jpeg
    4562B4B5-D5D7-4701-87EF-DE76CECF6628.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 28
  • 3F4BAA68-493A-481F-A06B-AE0FD1E61365.jpeg
    3F4BAA68-493A-481F-A06B-AE0FD1E61365.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 27
I donā€™t understand what is happening to my fish :( just as everything seemed very stable and they were all doing well, Iā€™ve had unexplained deaths and a persistently flashing molly.
Tank set up in early September, went through mini cycle as used filter from old tank which Iā€™d had a few months. Used Prime to detoxify during mini cycle.
Typically ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrate 5-10 (last read this morning) I clean the substrate lightly every other day.
Not overstocked
Temp 26.5C
PH 7.6
One molly almost constantly flashing on sand, no other symptom other than what looks like a small lesion that isnā€™t getting bigger or spreading
Iā€™ve treated the flashing with salt, anti fluke and worm, and currently treating for ich as I thought thatā€™s what the lesion may be at first (still unsure)
Completely out the blue after appearing totally healthy this morning, Iā€™ve just come across a dead yoyo loach upside down on top of the filter (under water) looking pretty colourless other than what seems to be internal bleeding and a red poo. Does anyone know what was wrong with him? Heā€™s only about 6 months old, I bought him very small in September one of six all always seeming very healthy. It seems something has taken over him suddenly.
I wanted/ want to avoid keep trying meds when unsure what it is (maybe multiple issues) but good water maintenance didnā€™t seem to help stop the problems at all.
Sorry to hear this. I can't diagnose though.

I have no idea either unfortunately, however I also have some similar problems with my tank, and made a post about it. Fish flashing, no other real symptoms, treated for white spot, gill flukes, and using salt, and I also have good tank parameters. I've had fish die in the past that appeared to have internal issues, with some having swollen abdomens and lesions - that's not my tank's issue just now, but I've thought a likely culprit has been bacteria outbreaks - so, salt, large water changes, and a broad spectrum treatment for bacteria

I have no idea either unfortunately, however I also have some similar problems with my tank, and made a post about it. Fish flashing, no other real symptoms, treated for white spot, gill flukes, and using salt, and I also have good tank parameters. I've had fish die in the past that appeared to have internal issues, with some having swollen abdomens and lesions - that's not my tank's issue just now, but I've thought a likely culprit has been bacteria outbreaks - so, salt, large water changes, and a broad spectrum treatment for bacteria
Thank you

Not overstocked
Temp 26.5C
PH 7.6
Just wondering if you have activated carbon in your filter? Ich (and many other) treatment won't work unless you remove it from your filter.

Most reactions

Back