Fish auction/show in perth

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Macquatic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
:D There is a fish auction & show in Perth tomorrow Sunday 11th . It's being held in the A.K. Bell Library, Glasgow Road. If any peep needs more info pm me.
I'll be down there about 11.30 buying & selling ;)

Good place to get rid of some congos Davy unless adey got shot of them for you!! :laugh:  Mac.

Yeah seen it m8, but Sorry it's the Nephews birthday tomorrow so roped into other things :( Would loved to have gone as well.
Cheers anyway :thumbs:

Oh and the congos aint doing that good just now, the pH prob has gave them a bit fin rot :(

Would have loved to have gone, but notice was a bit short to arrange doggie sitter etc. If there's any big fairs on in the future, in and around Glasgow/Edinburgh area would like to go and have a look see. We don't have any fairs or auctions around here. I really fancy going to the big fish festival in October down in Sussex, but the price is rather too much-especially when I would need to take the children off from school as well. (£78.00 p.p for the wekend)

Sorry Davy my Outlook is on the blink, maybe a software problem, anyway the advert is in tropical fishkeeper mag.
It says Festival of fishkeeping and Water Gardening weekend..11th-13th October 2002...Speakers Alf Nilsen,Today's fishkeeper columnist and world renowned marine expert....Harro Hieronimus one of Germany's foremost livebearing fish experts...Plus a host of other speakers covering all aspects of fishkeeping and water gardening.
Full board weekend packages for the festival £78.00...Other attractions include livebearer convention,goldfish society of GB Jincu Kai Ranchu Society and the southern Catfish Society...Beginners seminars.....New Horizon Holidays.South Downs Holiday Village.Bracklesham Bay.Chichester.Sussex
For more info on booking call Grace Nethersall, Middlesex 02088473586
----------------------------------------------------
That is what was in the advert.

Glad you saw them to Dragon..I was starting to worry :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;) :p

My local club has an auction and fish show coming up in october and i recently attended a show and auction in Plymouth, now for the good bit................i benched 2 fish a Swordtail female and my Flying Fox and came away with 2nd and 3rd place :D :D not bad for a days work i think you'll all agree 8) .

But wait it gets better amoungst other things i picked up in the auction i got a breeding pair of Geophagus Brasiliensis the male of which won 4th prize :grin: and what do you think i paid for these fish???? £20........£10..........nope £5 for the pair lmao :laugh: :thumbs: a very worth while trip i think 8) ;)

You not back yet Mac. Come on info on the perth show wanted. Unfortunately some of us poor s*ds had to work. Any buddy else go.

I'm very impressed Pete. Do you show your fishes often or is this just a thing that you do now and again? I know Plymouth quite well as I'm originally from a village called Dartmouth. Would love to be able to go back there and retire, but house prices are silly. £240K for a 2 bed. bungalow. Need to win the lottery. Well done m8 at your achievement. :thumbs: :thumbs:

:D Perth Show/Auction Diary :D
Called for my m8 @ 9 after bagging my own fish, he'd slept in so was still bagging his!
Left Inverness @ 10, had a good run down to Perth and arrived @11.45.
Not showing fish today we headed for the auction.
Being a little late we expected to be near the end of the lots but my box was lot 3, mates lot 4! As it turned out there was only 5!
Lot 1 - Fish food, great prices for buyer not for seller.
Lot 2 - Rarish livebearers and some gorgeous lyretail killies, good prices made.
Lot 3 - (Mine) Odessa Barbs, Harlequins, Silvertips and a few Red Swords, great prices made, in fact you could buy them cheaper in the lfs!!!
Lot 4 - (Mate) W.C.M.M., Pencilfish, Silvertips and Pure Black Angels. Got poor prices for the angels but recovered with the rest.
Lot 5 - Tanginykan shell dwellers and odd Malawis, good prices made.
Auction started at 1.15 and finished about 2.30. Way too early to go home!!! Ok let's go to UDA in Cupar and Pisces in Dundee.
UDA, I bought all the bits for my home made water purifier, mate bought some checkerboard cichlids. Both highly chuffed!
Pisces, I bought 2 spotted talking cats, mate got 2 pairs of HUGE swordtails. Chuffed again!
Left Dundee @ 5, in Inverness @ 7.15.
The dog didn't get my dinner so I had a good feed! :laugh: The fish are all in tanks now and have taken bloodworm so they seem to be OK.
Now looking forward to the next fishy day out. :thumbs: Mac.
PS I can post the next few Scottish/N.English shows in another thread if anyone's interested.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back