Fish art

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I tend to be creative from time to time...
Here's a creation of mine... drawn from photographs...
If the arthritis in my hands doesn't hurt too much, I draw occasionally. This is drawn with the necessary breaks. Because of the arthritis I can't continue drawing for long.
xiphophorus xiphidium trio a.jpg

This shows a trio of Xiphophorus xiphidium. They're wild platies from Lake Catemaco in Mexico. With all the breaks, I've finished this in about a month time. I love to work with ecoline.

That art is amazing...they look like photographs
I had photos as an example. I see it as a compliment. They're not clear enough which gives it already away that they're not real photos. My ex brother in law works at a pressroom and he made a copy of it and printed it on an adhesive translucent foil.

I tend to be creative from time to time...
Here a creation of mine... drawn from photographs...
If the arthritis in my hands doesn't hurt too much, I draw occasionally. This is drawn with the necessary breaks. Because of the arthritis I can't continue drawing for long.
View attachment 308699
This shows a trio of Xiphophorus xiphidium. They're wild platies from Lake Catemaco in Mexico. With all the breaks, I've finished this in about a month time.
Whoa!! I had no idea you were an artsy type! Those are incredible! So realistic!

I had photos as an example. I see it as a compliment. They're not clear enough which gives it already away that they're not real photos. My ex brother in law works at a pressroom and he made copy of it and printed it on an adhesive translucent foil.
OK. I used to work in printing and the things you can do with printing stuff is cool.

Whoa!! I had no idea you were an artsy type! Those are incredible! So realistic!
I also sell my work at relevant events. I work with three sizes of frames. That way they're sellable...
I've got photos, paintings and drawings.
I make copies from all of them that I sell. But I keep the originals. So, more people can have the same kind of art.
The ones in the picture are small ones.
IMG_6953.jpg

I also sell my work at relevant events. I work with three sizes of frames. That way they're sellable...
I've got photos, paintings and drawings.
I make copies from all of them that I sell. But I keep the originals. So, more people can have the same kind of art.
The ones in the picture are small ones.
View attachment 308702
Thats so awesome! Out of curiosity, how much does your art usually go for?

Thats so awesome! Out of curiosity, how much does your art usually go for?
Because I only sell copies of my work, the prices are fair. Depending on one of the three sizes: € 7,50, € 10,00 and € 30,00 a piece. All framed. That's without shipping costs. But I sell them at relevant events and for those prices people buy them.

Sigh, I'm jealous! The only way that I could paint a fish would be by taking it out of the water and painting the thing with a paint roller. :(
Same... 😂🤣

I actually painted a fish in 4th grade... I attempted a rainbow trout. My mom saved it and it's displayed. It looks absolutely atrocious 🤣

Sigh, I'm jealous! The only way that I could paint a fish would be by taking it out of the water and painting the thing with a paint roller. :(
Someone at a local farmers market (I think that’s where it was) was selling art prints that were just made with rolling pant over the dead fish and stamping it onto paper

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back