Fish Are Nearing Death Fast. Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

river_rat

Reaction score
i have a 75gal tank with a baloon molly, angel fish, rainbow shark, black molly, blind tetra, and pleco. i already lost a different molly earlier. and my balloon molly and rainbow shark are about to die too. mypleco wont stop jumping and hitting the lid of my tank like it wants to get out. i did a liquid water and and everything is at 0 and the ph was about 7. i dont know whats going on.

Sounds like something in the water is an issue, especially given your plec's actions, not that I am great on fish emergencies...

When did you last do a water change?
How big a percentage?

For what it is worth, my instinct would be to grab a good sized sample of the current water (to later test again yourself after giving the kits a good bang/shake and perhaps taking a sample to someone else to test), then do a big water change of ~75%.

Sounds like something in the water is an issue, especially given your plec's actions, not that I am great on fish emergencies...

When did you last do a water change?
How big a percentage?

For what it is worth, my instinct would be to grab a good sized sample of the current water (to later test again yourself after giving the kits a good bang/shake and perhaps taking a sample to someone else to test), then do a big water change of ~75%.
im about to leave right now to get my water checked by my LFS. over the past week ive done 2 %50 water changes since thats about when things staring getting iffy with my one molly

i think i would test the water and test the source water that you're using for the water changes too, just in case what you're putting into the tank is the problem.

did you use a declorinator when you did your water changes? or do you have access to RO or RO/DI water? i'm not familiar with the dechlorinators because i have an RO/DI unit that i use for all of my water changes. but i've heard that Seachem makes a very good one that will also help give your nitrogen cycle a kickstart (if it needs it).

i think i would test the water and test the source water that you're using for the water changes too, just in case what you're putting into the tank is the problem.

did you use a declorinator when you did your water changes? or do you have access to RO or RO/DI water? i'm not familiar with the dechlorinators because i have an RO/DI unit that i use for all of my water changes. but i've heard that Seachem makes a very good one that will also help give your nitrogen cycle a kickstart (if it needs it).
yes i used declorinator. its too late though i lost the shark and the balloon molly. now the angel is looking pretty rough ive had it tested by me and other places and they all say my water is perfectly fine. not sure whats going on but i hope it stops soon

keep doing water changes.. clean water never hurt anyone. was there a big temperature difference in the water? i know in the summer time sometimes the water comes out of the tap very warm (depending on how your house is plumbed).

maybe buy some water at a water store.. i know i did that for several months before i got my RO/DI system because there is ammonia in my tap water and water changes were fouling my aquariums.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back