Fish are dying

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jbsteel87

Reaction score
I had 11 mollies 3 corys,and seven Neon tetras in my 32 gallon aquacube. Last Saturday the 20th I added 5 neon tetras. Since then I had 5 mollies and 9 tetras die. (5 original tetras). The tetras all died within 2 days, the mollies one a day.
My water test shows no issues with Nitrate, Nitrites, ammonia, or ph. I have been treating the aquarium with herbtana. Other than the water change I am currently doing is there something else seem to be going on that I'm unaware of?

Was the fish bought from a local source ? I have been looking a lot at ph shock lately and how water sources can change drastically over a few miles

Good point. But that wouldn’t explain the death of the original fish in tank

This all happened after you added the tetras? Doesn’t sound like you quarantined them first. No telling what they brought with them. Can we get some pics of fish and tank?
Yeah didn't quarantine them. Thats my suspicion. Should I keep a second aquarium for quarantine purposes?

Was the fish bought from a local source ? I have been looking a lot at ph shock lately and how water sources can change drastically over a few miles
Petsmart. I haven't had issues with their fish in the past. Petco is another story.

Yeah didn't quarantine them. Thats my suspicion. Should I keep a second aquarium for quarantine purposes?
Yes, absolutely! We all learn the hard way. You can keep extra sponges in the back of your running filters and then just pop them in another filter when you need a quarantine tank. Then you don’t need to keep one set up all the time. That, or keep an extra filter running in your main tank so you can move it over when needed to quarantine tank. :)

Yes, absolutely! We all learn the hard way. You can keep extra sponges in the back of your running filters and then just pop them in another filter when you need a quarantine tank. Then you don’t need to keep one set up all the time. That, or keep an extra filter running in your main tank so you can move it over when needed to quarantine tank. :)
Ok. Had thought of quarantine tank but wasn't sure how to keep it ready for fish if I only used it once in a while.

What should I do with the remaining fish? I dont want to just move them to a quarantine tank. One could take the sickness along.

You can also keep a food safe plastic container to use as a quarantine tank.

Attachments

• DB412B59-94DE-41D4-A3E7-C88B03AB43BF.png
    DB412B59-94DE-41D4-A3E7-C88B03AB43BF.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 40
What should I do with the remaining fish? I dont want to just move them to a quarantine tank. One could take the sickness along.
You’ve already exposed these so you’ll have to treat the entire tank. Next time quarantine the new fish.

You may try something like this and see if it helps.

Attachments

• A8673BC4-4635-4F37-9952-C58D203289CC.png
    A8673BC4-4635-4F37-9952-C58D203289CC.png
    281 KB · Views: 44

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back