April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I thought I would just write a little piece about fish and plants

When purchasing plants you need to consider what fish you have and what plants those fish would like.

There are many combinations but I will just mention the most common ones here.

If your fishes mouth is facing up ( Bettas, Gouramis, Live Bearers, Killis ) you need to provide them with floating plants. Things like Water sprite or floating stems of Cabomba. This will give these fish protection from where they think they will be preyed on which is the sky.

If you have egg scattering fish ( Tetras, Barbs ) you need to provide them with bushy plants. Again Cabomba or Ambulia, even the finer species of Hygrophlia. So the fish can scatter their eggs on the fine leaves

If you have egg layers ( Dwarf Cichlids, Angels, Discus, catfish ) provide them with wide leaved plants Aamazon sword plants, Cryptocoryne, Anubias, Java ferns ). It is surprising how this group will readily spawn on leaves if they are provided with them.

These combinations of fish types and plants will give your fish the best chances of feeling at home in your aquarium.
Fish want to lay their eggs on something natural and not on a filter or the side of the tank.

I thought I would just write a little piece about fish and plants

When purchasing plants you need to consider what fish you have and what plants those fish would like.

There are many combinations but I will just mention the most common ones here.

If your fishes mouth is facing up ( Bettas, Gouramis, Live Bearers, Killis ) you need to provide them with floating plants. Things like Water sprite or floating stems of Cabomba. This will give these fish protection from where they think they will be preyed on which is the sky.

If you have egg scattering fish ( Tetras, Barbs ) you need to provide them with bushy plants. Again Cabomba or Ambulia, even the finer species of Hygrophlia. So the fish can scatter their eggs on the fine leaves

If you have egg layers ( Dwarf Cichlids, Angels, Discus, catfish ) provide them with wide leaved plants Aamazon sword plants, Cryptocoryne, Anubias, Java ferns ). It is surprising how this group will readily spawn on leaves if they are provided with them.

These combinations of fish types and plants will give your fish the best chances of feeling at home in your aquarium.
Fish want to lay their eggs on something natural and not on a filter or the side of the tank.
yep!
my guppies love the duckweed!
and my coriesl love hiding under the amazon swords

We also need to consider the other benefits of replacing fish with plant-based proteins: Plant protein is an excellent alternative for people who are transitioning from a meat-centric diet to a more plant-based diet and still want the benefits of consuming animal proteins. The good thing about this type of protein is that it offers all the same amino acids as animal sources. It's possible, however, your preference will be to include both in your balanced diet--so choose wisely!

We also need to consider the other benefits of replacing fish with plant-based proteins: Plant protein is an excellent alternative for people who are transitioning from a meat-centric diet to a more plant-based diet and still want the benefits of consuming animal proteins. The good thing about this type of protein is that it offers all the same amino acids as animal sources. It's possible, however, your preference will be to include both in your balanced diet--so choose wisely!
This is a fish forum about keeping aquarium fish.

What are you on about? 😂

I suppose its an easy mistake to make 🤷‍♀️

Although I did notice a plethora of fish recipe-type adverts appearing, when i first joined, all thanks to Google Chrome keeping track of what I'm looking at. I also got a bunch of hosiery ads, following discussions on the use of tights as a filter.

Did you ever wonder why we have lost so many insect species? The blame can be firmly placed at the door of vegetarianism and the insecticides necessary to produce enough vegetable crop.

Ooooops! Wrong Forum. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back