Fish Amount

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BaylorPerez

Fishaholic
Reaction score
so i need to get some more corys for my little tank that i have for them (20gal)

but i have to ask how many should i get as well as other fish to go good with them

Current tank occupants

1 albino cory
2 myster snails

what other fish should i get besides 2 more corys.

To be honest I would get more than 2 more Cories, something more like 4 more will make them happier - you could even get a few Bronze Corys in that group as they are the same species just the Albino is the Albino morph of that specific species so they will accept each other.

You could then look at getting something for the higher levels of the tank. Something like Celestial Pearl Danios would be good as they have a similar temperature range and due to their small size you could get a decent sized school say 8 to 10 of them without worrying about over stocking the tank. You could also look at a trio of Sparkling Gourami which would fit in nicely.

So a stocking of something like

3 Sparkling Gourami
8 Celestial Pearl Danio
5 Corydoras - a mix of 2 Bronze and 3 Albino - or how ever you want to have it :)
2 Mystery Snails

Wills

Wills may not be aware of past issues that are still being worked on (I assume)--and from this latest post/thread, am I correct in thinking that all the other fish have been killed off?

Yesterday I answered this question on corys in another of your threads, and mentioned that you need at least five of the species, and as this is a 20g tank one species of cory will be it.

As for upper fish, we first need to know the water parameters (hardness and pH) for your tap eater.  I cannot recall if this was mentioned in one of the other several threads, but it is important for many fish.  Once this data is known, we should be able to suggest some options.  A 20g is small but not too small (like a 10g would be) so there will be some options.

Byron.

this is a new tank one that i set up about a month ago and had been watching closely. so with the other tank im not adding any more fish until im certain my levels are stable

Maybe you shouldnt be setting up more tanks before you get your other 100 problems fixed?

i kinda gave up on that tank, ill still feed the fish but i will just wait til the fish die off before restarting on that tank. the new one i made hasnt had any spikes in their levels as my first tank has. pretty much i will fix my tank when the remainder of the tetras die. as my danios and neons died from what looks like a over bulgded belly

i kinda gave up on that tank, ill still feed the fish but i will just wait til the fish die off before restarting on that tank
What do you mean you kinda gave up on that tank? And why are you just letting the fish die off? If you do not want to look after them you should return them to the shop.

So tell me this new tank, If things do not turn out how you like will you also give up on it and let the fish die off?

When you say give up on the tank and let the fish die. I hope you don't mean let the tank go bad and not keep up on the parameters and water changes...
Going this route would be absolutely cruel. Taking care of fish is the equivalent to caring for dogs, cats, etc. Any pet really. Yes, most,almost all fish are easily replaceable, but this does not excuse animal neglection...

If I may, I think I have a better solution.
AFTER your new tank finishes cycling, divvy up your existing groups of fish, according to which ones would better tolerate two preset temperatures, like say 75f for one tank and 80 for the other.
Then you should have plenty of room to keep all of them at their proper numbers, and probably have room for a few more as well
Not only is keeping schooling fish in proper numbers better for the fish, IMHO it looks much better as well.
What is your complete current livestock list?

3 danios 
2 blackfin tetras
1 mystery snail
tank temp is 77 average

( all my others have died)

Sorry to hear about that. Myself having had a beautiful  tank that completely crashed after moving, (not enough research on my part) I know it can be pretty discouraging when something like this happens, but I would encourage you to hang in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back