Fish Acting … Fishy.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AmyStroodle

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My male fighter tends to, what I can only describe as, block the water into my filter. He sort of sits on the grilly bit somehow, only when the lights off though, is this normal?

Maybe he is protesting against the water flow leaving the main tank. ;)

Well, I don't know why, but my fish loved the filter before they died. I have one of those clip on filters, and the fish used to swim into the current and shake around with it. One of them went in, tumbled a bit, swam out, went back upright, AND THEM SWAM BACK IN. 
no.gif
. One of my other fish slowly swam in, and then swam backwards, like he was getting a massage. He used to do it all night. 

My Betta used to let the filter suck him to the intake, drove me nuts, never seemed to bother him. Changed filters, now he hangs out behind it.

frapadoodle said:
My Betta used to let the filter suck him to the intake, drove me nuts, never seemed to bother him. Changed filters, now he hangs out behind it.

That's what mine does ... I thought he was dead and stuck there at first so I ... poked him xD and he swam away again. :S

My betta allows himself to be sucked against the mesh that protects fish from being sucked into the filter. Can't say the same for fins and I am trying to find a way to fix that. o_O

I'm lucky my filter/water sucky in place won't damage my fish's fins :]

Got lucky about that too, although I switched back to the larger filter, as I added some friends for Fred.
I had tried a baffle cut from a water bottle to reduce the flow, but the little booger would swim back and forth through it. After he caught his fins I yanked it out.
Once again, last night, caught him resting on the filter intake. What a knuclehead.

My fish ended up getting stuck in plastic plant I had and drowned/paniced himself to death. :[

Wonder if my next Betta will sit where poor Fabio used to sit. 0.0

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back