First Wild Type Discus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Seed_Lord

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Went to a place called the waterzoo today, read on the site they had discus, they had a high quality pair of turqs, then some below average discus, then noticed in a really dark tank they had a wild discus, snapped her up, they had a 20% discount this weekend, 65 for discus 12 for a blue ram and 6 for a male fighter, got them all for about 68 or something, so happy there!

Here she is just after putting her in the qt tank (well looks like a female to me, hope so!) tank needs a bit of a siphon my light unit broke on main tank so had to rip out all my plants and put them in here, so alod of crap got in there with them, friends gonna look after some of them for me while my new units on its way.

wqilddiscus.jpg

Nice find, although i just don't understand the appeal for the wild types, i prefer the man made strains, they look much nicer imo, i'm the same with Severums to, i hate the greens but love the golds and red spotteds.

I thought that at first, but then theres a natural beauty about them, same as i really want some wild bettas, so after getting all my man made's i really wanted some wilds.

Just a q, all my others only really show stripes when they are stressed, like either from being moved or from fighting, but this one always has really solid black stripes, looked at pics on the net alot of them have them so is that just what some of them look like?

Yeh the wild types always have the bars (the ones i have seen anyway)

cool cool, notice they look pretty much the same as alenquer reds but the reds dont have so much stripage

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back