First Time Cooking PEAS

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Peas only take a second to cook. Don't overboil or they'll turn to mush. You can use frozen or canned too.

Yeah,they'll be mushy anyway. You basically just want to defrost and barely heat them up. The longer you cook veggies,the more nutrients you'll lose. Cook them in a rolling boil for like 20 seconds,then blanch them...which means to drop them in ice water to stop the cooking process.

I put mine in a small cup and cook in the microwave for 12 seconds. Then you give the pea a little squeeze and the middle pops out of the skin. I use my finger nail to break of little pieces for them and the fishies love them. :D

FishyLoveBug said:
I put mine in a small cup and cook in the microwave for 12 seconds. Then you give the pea a little squeeze and the middle pops out of the skin. I use my finger nail to break of little pieces for them and the fishies love them. :D
Do you put water in the cup or just like that? Also, do you use the fresh peas or the frozen ones? I gave him one yesterday but I think I over-cooked it. -_-

I use frozen peas Birdseye ones to be specific. Look on the back and make sure the ingrediants JUST list peas not salt. I had to look through a million bags before I found one hee hee.
Ok for cooking *puts on her betta chef hat* I use a 1/2 cup plastic, microwave safe, measuring spoon. I use it only for cooking things for my little men. I add about 6 peas and fill it half way with water. I have a strong microwave so I only cook them for about 8 seconds or else they start to pop all over. :X When I take them out I drain the water and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Take the pea and give it a little squeeze and the yummy center part should pop out. Dont worry you will get good at it. :flex: Then I just use my finger nail to tear off a small piece about the size of their mouth. You would be suprised what they can suck down! :blink: Put the pea on the end of your finger, when you touch your finger to the water the pea will fall right off. The great thing is that eventually you can use this to show them other foods to keep missed food out of the bottom of your tank. :thumbs: Just drop and point and they will follow your finger. :thumbs:There you go! Now your bettas will have happy tummies.:D

Oh yes dont be suprised if they attack your finger after a while. Horizen hops out of the water to nibble on mine all the time now. LOL :p

That is the best post on cooking/de-shelling peas that I have ever seen!

:p
Betta chef hat :lol: You kill me :p

Just call me the Pea Master LOL. Anything I can do to help someone to keep them from exploding, smashing, and otherwise mutilating thousands of poor defensless peas like I did LOL. :*)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back