First Saltwater Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hooray!! I would personally water change the nitrates out in the evening and then by morning after the water change, I would check the water again and add CUC the next day when its settled :)

Just gives your tank a chance to settle and if anything does wobble in terms of nitrites, you will no about it if you test in the morning.

Im currently drip acclimating a coral banded shrimp and 3 turbo snails

Been dripping for 5 hours but I guess my drip is too slow because the parameters still arent quite right.

Im so excited! Im going to have life in my tank tonight!!!!!

Im currently drip acclimating a coral banded shrimp and 3 turbo snails

Been dripping for 5 hours but I guess my drip is too slow because the parameters still arent quite right.

Im so excited! Im going to have life in my tank tonight!!!!!

Just so that you are aware. I wouldn't add any other cleaner shrimps to this tank. The coral banded shrimp, Stenopus hispidus, can be aggressive to other cleaners and hermit crabs. Keep it well fed and it'll be less inclined to be aggressive. I've got a mated pair and they are stunning to watch, but they'll occasionally squabble with my jaw fish for food during feedings. The large one has picked up a small blue legged hermit and tossed it out of the way. Hermit was fine, but it now avoids that area of the tank.

Is yours yellow and red or white and red?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back