First Planted Tank Need Some Ideas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Brett_dale

Reaction score
Hey all
This is my first aquarium and my first planted tank, i decided from the start i want to go planted and im hoping to achieve 75% + low tech planted (not wanting to use CO2 yet).

This is how we are looking atm,

DSC_0074-1.jpg

i recently upgraded the lighting and im pretty pleased that everything has started to shoot up since that point, the only issue is it seems some of my lower cabomba leaves have rotted off :/ im thinking this is due to inadequate light before hand. i need to do a little tidying in there to trim the dying stuff back which im more than happy to do now everything has started to grow.

Where i need the advice is for something in the front 1/4 of the tank, id like to create a blanketed effect using a mix of small grass like plants that can be kept trimmed and something with smaller leaves that remains low and again can be easily trimmed.

many thanks Brett

Just wanted to say that your tank is looking great, you've done a good job there. I can't offer any advice as I only went planted yesterday myself for the first time.

With the cabomba just trim it and then replant, sometimes the lower leaves dont get enough light.

For thr front you could try echnodorus tenellus or my personal fav dwarf sag (sagittaria subulata)

Most reactions

trending

Back