FIRST PICTURE UPDATE!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
NOTE that for some fish and tank set-ups, the tannin colouring the water brown is just what's needed. In these instances, the wood isn't excessively soaked beforehand.
Ok. I'll do some more research. Thanks. I don't mind tannins... Its just that I dont like A LOT of tannins.

You aren't going to see alot of tannins come out of "spider wood"

Just rinse well in hot tap water, then cold tap water, then throw it in a bucket of tap water, enough so it will submerge...it doesn't even have to be dechlored, because you'll have dechlor in your tank to start off with, anyway, when you add the wood to the cycling tank

SW doesn't take long to soak and sink, mine only took a few days
Oh ok... Mine as well just do that. Anchor it down in my tank and cycle it. Thanks.

Oh ok... Mine as well just do that. Anchor it down in my tank and cycle it. Thanks.
Yep, you can soak in the tank or in a bucket, then add to the tank...up to you

Really no need to anchor it, just let it float around, like I said, SW doesn't take long at all to get waterlogged and stay sunken...but won't hurt to anchor, if you wish

Yep, you can soak in the tank or in a bucket, then add to the tank...up to you

Really no need to anchor it, just let it float around, like I said, SW doesn't take long at all to get waterlogged and stay sunken...but won't hurt to anchor, if you wish
I will probably soak it in a bucket with a rock on it and then add it... Right now all my dragon rock is soaking in a 5g lowes bucket to get rid of the vinegar on it. After I have the surge protector and test kit i'll start soaking the wood. How long does it typically take for sw to get water logged?

I've found that wood made of thin branches takes a few days. Solid blocks of wood can take a few weeks.

I will probably soak it in a bucket with a rock on it and then add it... Right now all my dragon rock is soaking in a 5g lowes bucket to get rid of the vinegar on it. After I have the surge protector and test kit i'll start soaking the wood. How long does it typically take for sw to get water logged?
Mine took about 2 or 3 days...depends on the size and thickness of the wood...it could take less than that

I've found that wood made of thin branches takes a few days. Solid blocks of wood can take a few weeks.

Mine took about 2 or 3 days...depends on the size and thickness of the wood...it could take less than that
Ok sounds great. Thank you! Im nervous and excited to see how all this turns out. Just know that when im done with the tank that I couldnt have done it without all your guys' help.

Ok sounds great. Thank you! Im nervous and excited to see how all this turns out. Just know that when im done with the tank that I couldnt have done it without all your guys' help.
It'll be just fine, you're asking all of the right questions, and taking your time with the setup...I'm sure you'll have much success :thumbs:

It'll be just fine, you're asking all of the right questions, and taking your time with the setup...I'm sure you'll have much success :thumbs:
Thank you! That means a lot coming from someone who has been in the fish keeping hobby for a while.

I tend to let my driftwood soak for a week or so in pail or similar. Don't use soap or boil. Spider wood tends to be very clean and doesn't require as much - but some of the wood i've purchased have been quite dirty and a long soak make them easier to clean (i clean by wiping with paper towel or scraping with my hand).

I tend to let my driftwood soak for a week or so in pail or similar. Don't use soap or boil. Spider wood tends to be very clean and doesn't require as much - but some of the wood i've purchased have been quite dirty and a long soak make them easier to clean (i clean by wiping with paper towel or scraping with my hand).
Ok. Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back